Chapter 20

A/N:

  Woah! I'm back here again! Y'all have summoned me to update!?! Well...alright then! Here y'all go my beautiful followers and readers! As always, hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! I love you all! 💜 Thank you all for commenting, voting, following, and reading! It's never fails to surprise me when one of my books gets votes or any of the sort I just mentioned! So thank you guys, it truly means a lot to me!

————————————————————-

3rd Person. P.O.V

  Those few words seemed to have stopped Namjoon from crying. "H-he uh...he's actually really close to us."

  "What do you mean?", y/n grew confused.

  "Well...", the wolf hybrid sighed,"me and him made a deal.". Now speaking in a quiet voice, Namjoon continued,"I would come with you to check out what kind of person you are..and...if I deemed it safe enough, I'd bring him here."

  Y/n couldn't help but to retract the hand that was just in Namjoon's hair. Along with her body, she leaned away from him. She hated when people judged her wether it be good or bad. People shouldn't judge others, but yet she couldn't blame them. Had they been hurt before, like her...she would do and has done the same thing from time to time. Hesitatingly she asked, "...and what do you think of me?", She spoke softly like a kid who was afraid of getting a time out. She was genuinely afraid of Namjoon not liking her. Even if it was the slightest.

  Sadly, she had done the one thing she knew she'd regret. Getting attached slowly to a stranger. Smiling with them just for them to disown her and leave. Y/n was always afraid it would happen again.

  Sensing her unease and fear, Namjoon looked up at the girl. "I think..", he gently grabbed her hands holding them in his, "I think you are a very kind person. Very different from all the ones I've met. Everyone left me out on the streets. And yet, you decided to take me, a stranger, into your home and help me.", his thumb now caressing the back of her hand. "You are so sweet y/n and I'm glad I got to meet you."

Y/n could hear Namjoon's tail thumping against the chair loudly. His ears that were lowered before, were now perking up. He actually meant what he said. However, in the back of her mind she still knew he was holding out on what all he thought of her.

Still though. She didn't want to ruin the moment and decided to shrug it off for now. She gave him a smile as her eyes started to tear up. Gosh has it been a while since anyone told her anything nice like that.

  Seeing her eyes glisten, Namjoon began to panic. "A-are you okay! Did I say something wrong! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-", he wanted to touch her but was hesitant since he didn't want to make her cry more. But he wanted to help!

  Easy to say, he was all over the place. To y/n, it was cute. Him worrying and blabbering  on and on, Instead of answering his questionnaire, she hugged him and leaned her head against his shoulder. "It's okay. Im not upset.", she said in a soft manner. Which surprisingly worked, as the hybrid calmed down immensely and wrapped his arms around her. A soft yet calming growl made its way out of his chest.

  Deciding to ignore the embarrassment blush he knew was growing on his cheeks, he closed his eyes and spoke calmly, "Okay."

  The two sat there for a while, basking in all the love and care they haven't gotten to feel in a long time. They were and are each other's comforter.

  Y/n decided to pull away first. They had a long road ahead of them in finding all his friends. She smiled again at Namjoon's dimpled smile as she patted his head. "Now let's go get this Jimin."

"What kind of animal is he?"

"He's a red fox."

  "You mean...the small red fox that-"

"Yup. That one," Namjoon chuckled as she realized just how close Jimin actually was to them.

  After making an iconic pikachu meme face,
y/n was determined. "Okay! Come on!", standing up, she grabbed Namjoon's hand. "Let's bring home a fox!"

  The two smiled at her antics as they made their way outside.