Long Day

Title: Long Day
Author: themoonanditshalo
Site: Fanfiction.net
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13161008/1/Long-Day

___________

Sally opened the doors to her house, lumbering groceries in one hand, little baby Estelle in the other, and Paul following behind her, carrying the heavy groceries that Sally couldn't take. She was still healing after giving birth just one week ago. She looked at the little bundle of sunlight in her hands and smiled.

Estelle was the best thing that happened to her after Percy. And Paul. And Annabeth. And blue cookies. She smiled wider. All those things were important to her, there was no list in her mind, just an equal love. Estelle sniffed and began to whimper. Sally knew a tantrum was coming. She quickly walked inside her home and set down her groceries, frantically looking for the baby pink pacifier in her purse.

"Paul, take Estelle." She ordered, gently pushing the wrapped baby in her husbands arms. Finally, she fished out the binky and waved it in front of Estelle, cooing at her. Estelle giggled and waved her chubby hands in the air, reaching over for her mother. Sally grinned.

"Guess we don't need the pacifier." Paul chuckled. Sally nodded.

"I want to limit the pacifier as much as possible, don't want her getting hooked." Sally said, setting the pacifier on the coffee table. That's when she noticed the young, teenage couple on the couch.

"You say that as if our baby is taking drugs or something." Paul said with a laugh. Sally glared at him.

"Shush!" She whispered, pointing to the couch. Paul peeked around the corner from the door to the living room and raised two surprised eyebrows. On their couch was Annabeth Chase and their son, Percy Jackson. Percy was against the couch headboard, spooning his girlfriend. She had her legs curled up and a fetal position, but her hand were clutching Percy's forearms that wrapped around her chest. A blanket was thrown over them lazily, but it was crumpled around their legs, clearly discarded at some point in time. Percy's has his face buried in Annabeth's butter blonde curls that were out of her usual ponytail. Sally vaguely remembered Percy asking if Annabeth could come over so she could help him study for his SAT's, hence the open textbooks and notebooks scattered around, as well as the laptop opened on a website with virtual flash cards. Obviously they didn't get very far with the studying, she thought, watching Percy drool into Annabeth's hair. She giggled, thinking about how Annabeth would react to that.

"Awwww," Sally mumbled, pouting her lower lip and sighing. They were absolutely adorable together, and Sally was pretty sure she wasn't the only one who thought that. Aphrodite herself had claimed them as her favorite couple, which left a few of her daughters jealous that they had won their mothers hearts so easily. But Sally knew it wasn't easy. Percy and Annabeth went through so much together, the least they could have each other. And it was only last month when Percy has accidentally leaked the fact that they had fallen into Tartarus, TARTARUS for the gods' sake! That explained why they had been so close when they finally came home after the war.

"Uh, Sally, you think we should wake them up? They have to...ummm...study." Paul stuttered. Sally hummed in response. Paul was fairly new to the family, to Percy especially. He hadn't seen the way Percy and Annabeth worked, or how close they were. He only thought that they were 2 hormone enraged half bloods who did dangerous things every once in a while.

"They look tired, we should let them sleep a while longer," She said, reaching over to cover them with the blanket that was now on the ground. As it settled over they're fused bodies, Annabeth stirred and rolled on her side so she was facing Percy, and snuggled deeper into his chest. Sally's heart was about to explode. Paul blushed as he felt he was intruding in a private moment. He walked to the door and resumed putting the groceries on the kitchen counter, being careful not to wake up the sleeping couple. Sally took a seat on the dining table and opened her laptop and began doing some work that she had yet to finish. She had Estelle in one arm and a pen in the other. Sally looked down at her daughter and rubbed her soft cheek. Estelle looked up at her with twinkling eyes. Estelle has rather unique eyes, they took on both her parents genes. They were a warm brown that melted into a dark blue, and they were just as stunning as Percy's sea green eyes. Suddenly, Estelle hiccuped. Her eyes widened, she was confused, as it was the first time she had hiccuped. It must have surprised her a lot, because she started to cry. Loudly.