The Weeping Hour

Title: The Weeping Hour
Author: BattleAngel
Site: Archive of Our Own
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/22820551

TW-Panic attacks, Suicide attempt

Hopeful ending, It's just really sad guys

______________________

The House of Hades is shaking with the thunder of battle. In the depths, five demigods and a goddess rage against Clytius, the giant that is a void. The doors of death loom over them,

The demigods defend frantically.

--

The doors ding, and Frank lunges to push the button that opens them, that accepts whatever is rising out of the pit.

They open with a hiss and Percy and Annabeth tumble out and fall to the floor, twitching. Frank kneels by Annabeth, and listens frantically for her breathing.

Air whooshed in his ear steadily and he moves to Percy. The son of the sea god moans as Frank’s shadow falls over him, and he waves Riptide feebly. His breathing is wild and erratic, but he’s alive.

Annabeth isn’t moving.

The shadowy figure of Clytius looms over them, but a blast from Leo distracts him. Frank gathers Annabeth up but in the moment he’d looked away she’s latched onto Percy and they’ve curled around each other, so Frank has to drag them.

They’re tucked into a shadowy alcove as the battle against Clytius rages on.

They shiver in the shadows, both comatose, yet Percy clutches his sword. Its glow illuminates their haggard faces, casting raised scars and sunken eyes in a jagged light. Their faces are caked in blood.

The battle rages on, and they do not move. Hazel and her Mist wind through the House but they only clutch each other tighter.

--

The battle is over and they are returning to the Argo, bruised and bloody but alive. Jason floats Percy and Annabeth on a bed of air, because they will not separate for anyone to carry them.

--

“We have to get them apart,” Jason commands. “Piper, try the charmspeak again.”

Piper sighs, but kneels down to whisper in Percy’s ear- “ Let go. ”

Nothing.

“You sure you don’t want me to go get a crowbar?” Leo suggests.

Jason and Frank exchange glances.

“If you take Annabeth and I take Percy…” Frank muses.

Jason shrugs.

“I’m telling you, you’ll only hurt them,” Hazel argues. “Look at them! They’re sticks. If you try and force them-”

“I think it’s worth a try,” Jason interrupts. “We have to treat them, and we can’t do that if they’re locked together.”

The others look at the two on the ground. Their limbs are stick-thin and joints knobbly. Various cuts ooze a black liquid, and a nasty gash runs across Percy’s back. His arm is mangled, looking like it’s been gnawed by some enormous beast.

They can count Annabeth’s ribs. Her hair is matted with blood and some kind of slime, and it hangs in limp strands around her face. A crusty blood trail lines her cheekbone, blood still oozing from her ear.

“We have to do something fast,” Piper mumbles. “They won’t last like this much longer.”

Jason and Frank nod to each other, and take respective positions behind the half-dead demigods.