Finally, Finally, Finally Home (It's Been So Long)

Title: Finally, Finally, Finally Home (It's Been So Long)
Author: Sealure
Site: Fanfiction.net
Link: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12998142/1/Finally-Finally-Finally-Home-It-s-Been-So-Long

I couldn't figure any so just tell me if you think I should add any trigger warning (and what)

_________________

The tiny Latino sniffled, curling into himself on the icy ground and covering his head as the bullies laughed above him.

"Aww, look at the pathetic little baby," sneered one of them. "If we hit you, are you gonna cry like one, too?" He raised his foot to kick him again.

Leo closed his eyes and braced for the impact that he knew was coming.

"Leave him alone, Brady," said a new voice, low and hard and angry. "Or I'll beat the tar out of you."

The bully laughed again, but there was a definite edge of nervousness to it now. "Yeah, right, Jackson! There are five of us, and only one of you!"

"Try me," the new voice growled. "I beg of you. Try me. I really, really want to hit something right now."

Brady huffed. "Well fine, if you're gonna make such a big deal out of it!"

Leo heard the bullies moving off a lot quicker than they'd arrived.

"Hey, are you okay?" the voice was a lot closer, and it sounded totally different.

Leo cautiously cracked one eye open, leaving his arms over his head and staying curled up tight. The other boy had tangled, messy black hair and startlingly bright sea-green eyes. Those eyes were currently locked onto his with concern.

"I'm fine," Leo whispered. "Who are you?"

The boy grinned and helped him upright. "I'm Percy Jackson," he said. "You?"

"L-Leo Valdez."

Percy's grin turned into something softer. "Hey, do you wanna come to my house? You look like you're starving. My mom made cookies earlier, and you can have some if you want. Come on!" He grabbed Leo's wrist—right over the bruises his latest foster dad had given him this morning. Leo yelped and pulled away.

"Oh, crud, did they hurt you?" Percy winced. "I'm sorry! Here, let me see."

He took Leo's wrist again—albeit much gentler this time—and eased up the sleeve of his sweater before Leo could shove him off.

The bruises were in the very clear imprint of a hand.

Percy's eyes darkened.

Leo laughed nervously. "Weird, aren't they?" he started babbling. "It's totally wacked out, but let me tell you where I got those. I was outside, you see, and there's this really big drainage pipe, and—"

Percy tilted his head back and pulled down his jacket collar, and Leo's words died in his throat as he saw the necklace of bruises identical to his own hidden behind Percy's scarf.

"Oh," he said.

Percy gave him a sad little grin. "I get it."

"Oh," Leo said again, feeling his eyes well up with tears.

"Hey, no, don't do that," Percy said quickly. He reached out and patted the Latino on the back. "It's okay. Well, it's not really okay. It's kind of terrible, but we'll definitely be okay. I've got your back now, okay? We can be friends! But only if you want, I mean, we don't have to be friends—"