Down That Old Memory Road

Title: Down That Old Memory Road 
Author: ShadeNeverMadeAnybodyLessGay
Site: Archive of Our Own
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/28391172

_____________

"I can't believe we're straddled," moaned Percy, angry. "The waters don't listen to me."

"And it's so windy it will knock out the boat in just a few minutes," added Jason.

"That's not good," Annabeth took a long breath as she examinated the grounds in front of them.

"Maybe the gods want us to take a look around the place?" suggested Hazel.

Percy and Annabeth snorted in sync. "Of course they'd want that," murmured the boy.

They waited for Leo as he checked the engineers. When he said there was nothing wrong with the boat, they collectively groaned and grabbed their weapons, descending the boat and approaching the island.

They walked around for half an hour, divided in two different groups that went opposite sides. Vegetation grew everywhere they looked at, but no animal was in sight.

"Well, if we don't find a secret passageway that will lead us to a crazy room filled with monsters in like" Percy took a look at his wrist, as if he was checking the time, "five minutes, I say we go back to the boat and see what we can do to move that thing out of here."

The east group, which was formed by Percy, Annabeth, Piper and Hazel, dediced being back in the boat was better than staying under the suffocating sunlight for another minute. When they went back to the starting point, they saw the west group (Jason, Frank and Leo) was already there, waiting for them.

"We didn't found a thing, only plants," said Jason, getting up from his sitting position.

When they were all up and ready to go back, a chilling scream silenced them all.

"Where did that come from?" Percy asked, getting Riptide out of his pocket.

"I think in front of us," replied Leo.

"Oh, this is so a trap," said Annabeth with her dagger already on her hand. Her hand slipped and she subconsciously searched for her hat, but she quickly dropped the hand when she remembered -it didn't work anymore, it wasn't there anymore.

"Definitely," agreed Piper.

"And we're still going in, uh?" Jason almost looked like he was going to start laughing any second.

"Definitely," replied everyone.

_________________

"I don't see a thing," complained Leo for the forth time in five minutes. Jason hushed him.

"That's a good thing, Leo," said Annabeth, in her matter-of-factly voice.

The boy rolled his eyes.

"You're so stupid," replied Annabeth.

"Hey, that was unnecessary!" Leo turned around to face the girl, only to be greet with a look of confusion.

"It wasn't me," she yelled back.