time. to stab. the ears

Title: time. to stab. the ears
Author: maverickk
Site: Archive of Our Own
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/22933297

I'm just a sucker for big bro Percy

_________________

“What color do you want?” Percy asked. Stella bit her lip and examined the selection in front of them.

“Hmm, that one.” She pointed at a set the color of Percy’s Camp t-shirt.

“That one?” Percy asked. “Interesting choice. Bold, but stylish. I like it.” Stella laughed. “What color do I want?”

“Those! Those ones!” Percy schooled his face into a neutral look.

“Those ones?”

“They look like Uncle P’s fork!”

Stella was pointing at bright yellow studs that matched the showy, not-real trident he saw fit to show her. Percy loved his dad, sure, but maybe not that much. “Then maybe we’ll get those for Uncle P. But what about me?”

“Mmm.” Stella went back to searching, biting her lip and putting on her thinking face. It took a few minutes, but eventually she pointed to a dark green set.

“I like your style, kid,” Percy nodded. “Alright, lets go.”

/

“Ready?” Stella clenched her fist, bit her lip, steeled herself, and nodded. She and Percy started counting down together. “3, 2, 1, GO!”

At “GO!” the piercers did their thing. Stella whimpered, and Percy blinked. He’d expected it to hurt more. Maybe not as much as, say, being stabbed with a sword, but...more than it did.

“See? We’re half done already!” He told her. She sniffled, but looked up and giggled at his face.

“One more time!”

Stella began the countdown. “3, 2, 1, GO!”

/

“How do they look?” Percy asked, showing off his newly pierced ears to Stella. She examined them for a little bit.

“Red,” she decided.

“What? Red? I thought you picked green ones!” He exclaimed.

Stella giggled again. “They’re green, too.”

“Well, yours look beautiful. Let’s go see how Mom likes our matching earrings, huh?”

Stella fist-pumped the air. “Yeah!”