Preface~Keefe

"Keefe," a gentle woman's voice whispered. "Time to wake up sweetie,"

Keefe's eyes popped open. "Mom?" he wondered in disbelief.

Lady Gisela stroked her son's face and asked "Do you feel okay? You don't usually sleep till noon."

Why was she in his room?

Why did she seem to care about him?

He tried not to ask the question that was burning on his tongue. What's going on? But instead, he said, "I'm fine," and threw back the covers and slid out of bed.

Keefe looked at his alarm clock which read 11:45 a.m. and followed his mother out of the room and down the steps of Candleshade to the kitchen.

I thought I went to bed at the Shores of Solace, Keefe thought, Why am I here?

"There he is!" Keefe's father announced when he groggily stepped into the large kitchen.

Keefe was taken back a step.

Since when was Lord Cassius happy to see him? Lord Cassius placed a hand on Keefe's shoulder. "You feeling okay buddy?" he asked, his forehead wrinkled in concern.

Keefe felt the room spin around him.

He was not ok.

Everything was wrong.

"What's going on?" he asked. 

How did you guys like the Preface? Keefe is freaking out! 

The next chapter is coming soon! 

Question: If you were to wake up to find your evil mother lovingly standing over you, how would you react? 

Love y'all!