Chapter Twenty~Keefe

The silence was thick in Magnate Leto's triangular office. Keefe, Sophie, and Biana sat awkwardly in the row of chairs before his desk.

"Well?" the principal inquired, drumming his fingers on the desk.

"Listen Forklenator, you know what we're here for!" Keefe blurted, "The Neverseen's starting up again!"

Magnate Leto's face twisted in confusion. "Mr. Sencen," he began slowly, seemingly trying to remain calm, "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about,"

Keefe wasn't too fond of that answer. Forkle had to know something. "Mr. Forkle, we saw them! Fitz and Dex are gone! You have to help us!" he rambled on, practically begging for the older elf's help.

"Mr. Sencen!" Magnate Leto slammed his hand on his desk, making the group jump, "I will hear none of your foolishness! This is the kind of behavior I get from Mr. Song, not you. I ask that the three of you leave my office immediately."

Keefe's eyes were wide with anger. How could Forkle just brush him off? Foster was apparently sharing those feelings—Keefe could see the emotions radiating from her.

"Ya know what?" Keefe snapped, shoving back his chair as he stood, "We don't need you anyway. C'mon guys."

The girls rose and followed the blond boy from the room.

"Mr. Sencen—one more thing," Magnate Leto motioned for Sophie and Biana to leave. He stood up and crossed the room, standing directly in front of Keefe.

Keefe looked up and studied the elf's eyes. Something was...off...about them. They were Magnate Leto's, yes, but Keefe could tell it wasn't Magnate Leto looking out. "Yes, sir?" he asked cautiously.

What the principal said next sealed the deal on Keefe's thoughts.

"Who is Mr. Forkle?" 

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry this chapter's so short, but a quick trip to the principal's office was all the group needed to figure out that finding Forkle would be harder than they thought... Thanks so much for reading! Love you guys!