Chapter Thirteen~ Sophie

----Flashback---- (Same day)

Sophie and Biana entered Everglen's glittering halls to complete silence.

Not peaceful silence...

But the kind of silence that would make someone shudder...

The girls climbed the stairs and heard soft murmuring coming from what Sophie recognized as Fitz's room.

"Do you think she'll join?" an accented voice wondered.

"Dude, it's Sophie," another voice said.

Wait? Where had she heard that voice before?

"Is that a no?" the accented voice said.

"It depends on how you ask her..." the other voice told him.

"She'll understand..." the accented voice said. Though it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself.

Sophie looked at Biana. "What are they talking about?"

Biana sighed. "Fitz has been acting differently lately. So has my mom...Like she knows something..."

"Who else is in there?" Sophie wondered.

"Tam," Biana said dreamily, causing Sophie to laugh.

"You like Tam?" she giggled.

Biana blushed. "No!"

Fitz and Tam must have heard them because Tam said "Is someone out there?"

"Run!" Biana whisper-shouted, and the girls darted for Biana's room down the hall.

They peeked out of the door to see Fitz and Tam peek out of Fitz's door and go back in.

Suspicious.

Or maybe Sophie was being paranoid...

Once seated on Biana's enormous canopy bed, Sophie decided it was time to get some answers.

"So," Sophie said casually, "Do you know what they were talking about?"

Biana shrugged. "I dunno. They've been pretty secretive lately. Why?"

Now it was Sophie's turn to shrug. "I dunno..."

Biana tilted her head. "Have you been ok Soph? You seem a little... different? Confused? You seemed really shocked when I showed up this morning..."

Biana was on to her!

She could lie...

But Sophie was a really bad liar...

But on the other hand Vertina AND Jolie already know! She couldn't have THREE people knowing!

And let's not forget about Dex!!

That would be FOUR!

But... Biana was supposed to be Sophie's best friend...

"Sophie," Biana's voice broke her thoughts. "What's going on?"

Sophie let out a long breath and whispered "Ok... Just don't freak out..."

---------------

Biana freaked out.

Sophie finished her story and Biana was rapidly pacing around the room.

"How? What!? Who's Dex?! Who's Keefe?!" She spat out one question after another. Almost like Jensi during a normal conversation.

"Biana!" Sophie grabbed her friend by the shoulders, "Calm down!!"

"CALM DOWN?!?!?"

Oh dear... she was hyperventilating.

Sophie grabbed a bottle of Youth off the table and handed it to her. "Drink this," she commanded.

As Biana obeyed, her breathing slowed down. "Thanks," she said. "I feel better now."

"Good," Sophie said.

There was a knock at the door. "Biana?" Fitz called.

He opened the door and smiled when he spotted Sophie. "Sophie!" he grinned, making his way over to her. He wrapped his arm around her and kissed the top of her head, making Sophie flinch.

"H-hey, Fitz," Sophie mumbled.

"So," he started, "What was going on in here? I thought I heard someone freaking out,"

Biana lied for Sophie surprisingly well. "No," she said casually, "Did Tam leave?"

Nice subject change, Biana!

"No, he's in the kitchen getting a snack," Fitz said.

Sophie was about to take her chance to ask what they were talking about, but before she could, Tam popped his head in the doorway. He looked nervous. "Fitz---we have a problem..." his voice trailed off when he saw the girls. "Biana," he nodded politely, "Foster,"

FOSTER?!!?!?!?!?!?!

THAT WAS NOT OKAY!!!!

"Well," Fitz said quickly, "I have to go. See ya," he let go of Sophie and hustled out of the room behind Tam.

But before they were gone, Sophie was sure she heard Tam use the word Neverseen...

"Biana--we need to hail Keefe," Sophie said, digging out her Imparter. "Show me Keefe Sencen,"

When he picked up, Keefe smiled and said "Hey Foster!"

"Hey, Keefe..." Sophie said.

Keefe's brow scrunched with worry. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I think Fitz is up to something..." and began to explain the situation. 

I know, I know... I ended two chapters with the exact same line! The next chapter will be different! 

Why do you think Tam said Neverseen? What do you think the two boys were talking about? 

Question: If you were Biana, how would you take Sophie's strange news? (I'd probably react the same way... lol) 

Love y'all!