Chapter Seven~ Sophie

Sophie could tell Keefe was struggling. Who wouldn't? Why would he want to give up all he has here?

Sophie couldn't think about it for too long because a voice in the back of her head reminded her that she had a date with Fitz.

"Fitz!" she exclaimed.

Keefe frowned. "Is that now?" he asked.

"I've gotta go," she said. "You and Dex can finish up here,"

"We'll drop you off!" Dex chimed in.

Sophie agreed. So they said goodbye to Cassius and Gisela and commanded "Everglen!" into the leap master.

Fitz opened the door. "Hey Sophie!" he smiled, then he raised an eyebrow. "You have escorts?"

Sophie's face tinted pink. "Fitz, this is my cousin Dex...and you've already met Keefe."

She could tell that he was suppressing an eye roll as he said, "Your cousin's the geeky Technopath?"

"I'm right here!" Dex snapped. "And there's a lot I could say about you right now!"

"Is there a problem with Technopaths?" Keefe snapped at Fitz.

Fitz held up his hands in surrender. "Nothing," he chuckled, "I was just saying."

Sophie was getting angry. Who did this guy think he was? She shot her friends sympathetic looks. They just glared at Fitz.

"Well," Sophie cleared her throat. "I'll see you guys later,"

"Whatever," Dex and Keefe said in unison. "See ya," and with that, they leapt back to Rimeshire.

Fitz draped an arm around Sophie and she tried to not flinch. "Why are you all of the sudden hanging out with them?" he asked and he led her inside the massive estate.

She was about to open her mouth when Alvar saved her from having to yell at him for being so rude.

"Sophie!" he said happily.

"Hey Alvar," Sophie smiled. She couldn't believe he was here. She was never tight with the eldest Vacker brother considering he wasn't around much and he and Fitz didn't get along---at all---which was also one of the reasons Sophie and Fitz broke up in her world. Sophie wondered if things were different in this world between them.

"There's mallowmelt in the kitchen," he told her with a wink. Then he swiftly left the room blinking in and out of sight as he usually did with each step.

"I was thinking we could do something a little different tonight," Fitz said.

Different how? Everything here was different to Sophie.

Fitz led her out the back door into Everglen's garden where there was a simple picnic blanket spread out beneath the vast sky of stars above. It was actually... really sweet.

Was she really happy with Fitz in this world? Had she not noticed how horrible he could be?

"Fitz..." Sophie whispered. She didn't know what to say.

Fitz smiled. "Do you like it?" he asked.

"Of course I do," she said----and she meant it.

Fitz tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Thanks," he said, his teal eyes sparkling.

Their faces inched closer and Fitz leaned in. Sophie could feel his breath on her face.

Then she panicked.

"I---" she said, pulling away from him

She couldn't kiss Fitz.

She could never kiss Fitz.

Because she loved Keefe.

Fitz looked sad and confused. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I--- uh----" Sophie stammered.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Sophie lied---she was not fine--- "I just got a little lightheaded."

Fitz took her hands in his. "Just let me know if you don't feel good again, okay?"

"Ok," she said as they sat down on the blanket and Fitz wrapped an arm around Sophie, and to keep up the act, Sophie rested her head on his shoulder.

But that didn't mean she liked it. 

*barfs*

*continues barfing*

YUCK!!! FITZPHIE!!!!!!!!! 

EWWWWWWWW 

Sorry, Fitzphie shippers but I'm just not a fan of Fitz. 

Yes, sometimes I feel a little bad for him and sometimes he just needs to talk about his ANGER ISSUES but that draws the line. 

*takes a calming breath* I'm done venting now lol 

Anyway, I still have no questions!!!! I'm gonna have to think of some good ones later today!! lol 

Love y'all!