Chapter Seventeen~ Sophie

Sorry I haven't posted in FOREVER!!! Happy Summer! 

..............................

Once Sophie and Keefe parted ways, she decided to just wander around the halls, not wanting to go to her next session.

Sophie thought she was alone. But when she turned the corner, Fitz was sitting on a bench, looking deep in thought.

She was about to turn and go the other way, but Fitz spotted her first.

"Hey, Soph," he flashed his movie-star smile that would usually make Sophie's heart do a flutter-flip. He stood up and walked toward her, closing the space between them, and took her hand.

Sophie had to really fight the urge to slap him across the face and yell at him. Instead, she gave him a super forced smile and said "Hey,"

Fitz led her to the bench he'd previously been sitting on and sat down. "I've been meaning to talk to you..." he started.

Oh no.... Sophie thought. That sentence could mean one of two things.

One: He wanted to break up with her. (Which she didn't mind at all)

Two: He wanted to recruit her for the Neverseen. (Which was SO not happening)

"Well...I know you've started hanging out with your cousin..." he said, "What's his name?"

"Dex," Sophie said, suppressing an eyeroll. Why is he bringing Dex into this?

"Right. Anyway, I just don't think you should be spending so much time with him--and his friend...Keith? No, Keefe! That's what it is," he finished.

Sophie's blood boiled. "What?" she said, "You're telling me who I can and can't hang out with?"

"Um," he didn't have a response.

Sophie took a sharp, deep breath, yanked her hand away from him and stood up. She was fed up with his ignorance. "Come talk to me when you're ready to stop being controlling and start being nice to my friends!" she snapped and stormed off.

"Sophie!" Fitz called, but didn't go after her.

---------------

"So we're meeting at Havenfield after school?" Keefe confirmed.

After her argument with Fitz, Sophie, Keefe, Dex, and Biana, sat in study hall discussing their plans for their sleepover.

"Sleepover?" Fitz said, sliding in the seat next to Sophie.

"What do you want?" Sophie snapped.

Fitz held his hands up in surrender. "I just came to apologize,"

Sophie's eyes darted to Biana who looked ready to cry again. "Ok, then say it,"

Fitz took a deep breath. "First I want to start with you, Sophie," he said, taking her hands in his. "I shouldn't tell you who you can and can't be friends with,"

"That's for sure," Keefe muttered under his breath.

Fitz shot him a look and kept going. "I'm sorry,"

What was she supposed to do? Forgive him right then and there? "Just don't do it again," Sophie said.

He nodded and turned to Dex. He opened his mouth to speak but Dex held up his hand.

"Let me stop you right there, Wonderboy," he said, "My name is Dex and you want to say that you're sorry for always getting my name wrong purposely." Fitz opened his mouth again but Dex kept going. "Now you're about to deny that it was on purpose even though we all know it was."