Chapter Five~ Sophie

When they returned to Candleshade, no one seemed suspicious. Though that was probably because the tower was over two hundred stories.

Dex was hiding the Ritz box in one of Keefe's many secret stashes when Lady Gisela walked into the room. "Keefe, were you going to introduce me to your friend?" she asked, but her tone was kind and playful.

"Oh, uh, Mom, this is Sophie Foster," Keefe said.

Lady Gisela extended her hand to Sophie. "Gisela Sencen," she smiled.

She reminded her of Della Vacker for some odd reason. Was it her gracefulness? Sophie couldn't tell. So she shook her hand and returned her smile.

Gisela smiled again as she turned to Dex. "Hi, Dex,"

"Hi, Gisela!" Dex said, giving her a dimpled grin.

When Keefe's mother left the room they started to scheme again.

"Here's the main question:" Keefe started, "How did we get here?"

Sophie was wondering the same thing. "Could it have been the Neverseen?"

"Possibly," Keefe agreed.

"Well, what's the last thing you guys remember before waking up here?" Dex asked

Sophie racked her brain. Thank goodness for her photographic memory. She had a flashback from the night before.

There was Sophie laying in her giant canopy bed with her hands pressed up against the sides of her head and her knees up to her stomach.

Mom? Sophie said I don't feel so good.

Edaline tucked a strand of blonde hair behind Sophie's ear. If you don't feel better by morning, we'll go see Elwin,

Ok, Sophie whispered.

Edaline bent down and kissed her on her forehead. Goodnight Sophie,

Night Mom,

Edaline left the room and closed the door. For the next hour or so Sophie tossed and turned with her eyes squeezed shut from the pain until Flori sang her a song that sent her to sleep.

Sophie snapped back to reality when Keefe shook her by the shoulders saying "Foster! Foster!"

"Yeah?" Sophie said.

"You spaced out!" Keefe told her.

"Did you remember anything?" Dex asked.

Unfortunately, her flashback didn't help. Sophie couldn't remember why she hadn't felt good the night before. Could the Neverseen have slipped something into her food? An elixir maybe? That was Sophie's best guess.

Keefe didn't seem to be having any luck either and the three of them were exhausted from leaping around the Lost Cities and to the Forbidden Cities.

Keefe flopped back onto his carpet and sigh. "How are we gonna get home?" he wondered.

Sophie didn't have an answer.

End of chapter six! 

How do you think Sophie and Keefe will get home? 

Question: Who are your favorite kotlc adults? (I'd have to choose between Edaline and Grady or Alden and Della) 

Love y'all!