Chapter Two~ Keefe

"Foster?"

Keefe was so relieved to see her face.

"Do you remember everything?" Sophie asked. She sounded nervous.

"Well Miss F. this is a mystery." he said, hiding the fact that he was internally freaking out, "My parents love me," he whispered the last words as if they shouldn't have been spoken. "My dad seemed worried about me this morning,"

"Brant is alive, Keefe. And Jolie---they're married." Sophie said.

Keefe's jaw dropped to the floor. "Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yeah, and he said he helped take down the Neverseen. And you and Dex weren't even there!"

How could he have not been there? He was the Neverseen's Legacy-Boy! "Keefe, he was nice to me,"

"I'm coming there right now---whether Grady likes it or not," Keefe said and hung up.

He was panicking. He curled into a ball on his bed and squeezed his eyes shut trying to bring him back to his normal reality.

He didn't even hear his mom walk in.

"Are you okay, baby? Lady Gisela asked as she made her way over to the bed and sat down next to him. "You've been acting funny since you woke up,"

Keefe wasn't used to all this loving attention. "Yeah," he mumbled, "I'm going to Havenfield to see Sophie. I'll be back soon,"

His mom's face scrunched with worry. "Ok," she said. "I love you, Keefe."

The words hit him like a crashing wave. He wasn't sure his mom had ever said that to him before.

It made him want to cry. "I--I love you too, Mom," He left the room and headed to the leap master before his mom could see the tears forming in his eyes. "Havenfield!" he commanded and glittered away.

"Keefe, you okay?" Sophie asked when he reached the front door.

He wiped his eyes. "Yeah, and you?"

"Just really scared," she said, tugging out an eyelash. "Come on. And don't say anything dumb,"

They walked into the house and past the kitchen where Grady, Edaline, Jolie, and Brant were seated.

"Grady, Edaline, nice to see you. Great meeting you Jolie, you're kinda a legend. Brant, thanks for not killing us!" Keefe said as they walked by.

"What?" Brant asked.

Sophie clamped a hand over Keefe's mouth. "Forgive him---he's running on no sleep." she apologized.

Her family exchanged confused glances as Sophie dragged Keefe up the stairs to her room.

"My bad..." Keefe said, seating himself on her bed.

"Don't worry about it," Sophie said, "The looks on their faces were priceless,"

Keefe smiled and looked around the room. "Hey, is that the painting I made you?" he asked, hopping off the bed and walking over to it.

Foster, Fitzy, Bangs Boy, Linh, Biana, Wylie...

No him or Dex! Why would he make a drawing of his friends and not add himself and Dex?

Keefe looked closer at the drawing to find his signature.

But it wasn't there.

Etched into the paper was the name... Tam Song...

"BANGS BOY?!" Keefe practically shouted. "HE MADE THIS?!"

Foster rushed to his side to have a look. "No way Tam made that," she said.

"Then why is his signature on my painting?" he asked.

Foster opened her mouth but instead of answering, her Imparter started buzzing.

"It's Fitz!" she said as she reached to answer it. "Fitz!" she said happily, and Keefe had to suppress an eye roll.

"Hey, Soph," Fitz said.

Keefe peered over Sophie's shoulder and said, "Hey Fitzy!!"

Fitz looked completely confused. "Who are you?" he asked.

Keefe's face scrunched. "Uhhh... Your best friend?"

Fitz looked even more confused. "Uhhh, no," he said. "I've talked to you like once. Tam's my best friend."

Keefe sucked in a breath. "Bangs Boy?" he laughed, trying not to be insulted.

"Yeah---you hang with that freaky gadget kid. What's his name? Deck? Whatever. What I'm saying is we're not friends."

Sure Fitz has always been temperamental, but never flat-out rude to him. Keefe backed up out of the view of the Imparter. When he didn't respond, Fitz continued talking to Sophie. "Anyway, how's my lovely girlfriend?" he asked.

GIRLFRIEND?!!?! Keefe wanted to scream, but he held his hands over his mouth.

Sophie looked just as surprised. "I'm good," she told him.

"Great. Maybe once you're done hanging out with Keith over there, you could come to my place. I have something special planned."

Keefe's blood boiled. He got his name wrong on purpose!

Sophie glanced at him before telling Fitz, "Yeah sure, I'll see you then."

"See ya," he said and hung up.

Once Fitz couldn't hear him he shouted, "WHO WAS THAT AND WHAT DID HE DO TO MY BEST FRIEND?!?!"

What he was actually mad about was the fact that even in another dimension, Foster chose Fitz over him. He could never win.

"He was so rude!" Sophie said angrily. "What is wrong with everyone!"

Keefe crossed his arms. "Are you still gonna go on your little date with him?" he pouted.

"No---I mean, yes--I mean, I don't know... I don't even know this Fitz," she said.

"Yeah, well all I know is that he's annoying," Keefe muttered.

"C'mon Keefe, don't be like that, he's still your friend---whether he knows it or not," Sophie consoled him.

Keefe took in a sharp breath before saying, "We need to talk to Dex and see if he remembers anything."

Yesssss!!! Go to my cinnamon roll for help!! 

Poor Keefe! Sophie's always chasing after someone else and can't realize she and Keefe are perfect for each other!! :( 

Question: How would you feel if you woke up and your best friend replaced you? (That would be pretty awful) 

Love y'all!