Chapter Three~ Sophie

Sophie was worried about Keefe.

He seemed so distraught over Fitz replacing him.

But was it really just about Fitz?

Sophie and Keefe stood at the large doors of Rimeshire.

Dex opened the door and smiled. "Hey Keefe," he said, "I didn't know you knew my cousin."

Sophie was so relieved. Dex knew her! "You don't come around much anymore, Sophie. What gives?"

"I've, uh... just been kinda busy..." she stammered.

Dex sighed. "Yeah, that's what you said last time..."

"SOPHIE!!!!" Rex, Bex, and Lex came barreling out of the house to greet her.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" one of the boys said.

"WE'VE MISSED YOU SOPHIE!" Bex squealed, then asked, "Did you finally dump Fitz Vacker? Is that why you're with Keefe?"

"Bex," Dex started to scold.

"Fitz is annoying and rude! We all know that by now!" Bex argued, and Rex and Lex immediately agreed.

Wow, Sophie thought, Was Fitz really that bad in this dimension that twelve-year-olds were saying it?

"No, we didn't break up..." she told her, trying to wrap her mind around the fact that she was dating Fitz.

Sophie looked up at Keefe whose face was tinted pink with blush.

Bex gasped. "KEEFE LIKES SOPHIE!!! KEEFE LIKES SOPHIE!!!!" she jumped up and down.

"Do NOT," Keefe snapped, his face growing redder by the second.

"KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT!!" the triplets giggled as they ran back into the house.

"Sorry about them," Dex said, "To what do I owe this unexpected visit?"

Sophie toyed with the hem of her cape and told him, "You might want to sit down for this..."

As she explained, Dex's eyes grew wider and wider and his jaw dropped lower and lower, it looked as if it would fall off.

When she finished the story the strawberry blond boy exhaled like a deflating balloon. "That all happened?" he breathed. "We did that?---I did that?"

Sophie remembered how upset Dex had been when Fitz was impaled by the giant arthropleura, but when she got to that part of the story he just smiled, and said: "Wonderboy finally got what he deserved."

"You believe us?" Keefe asked.

"Ummm, I'm not sure..." Dex said slowly, "It's kind of a crazy story---even for you Keefe."

"We know," Sophie sighed, "But please Dex, you have to help us."

"Fine, but under a few conditions..." Dex listed his terms. "One, we can't tell my parents about this. Two, from what I heard, this other-universe me is kinda left in the dust. What's up with that? So when you get back to your world, include him more please?"

Sophie felt her stomach churn. Had she been leaving Dex out? How could he not have said anything to her? "Of course," she agreed.

Dex nodded and continued. "One final thing--- you can't tell Fitz about any of this. He'll blab it to the entire Lost Cities,"

Sophie shifted in her seat. "But he's my boyfriend," the sentence made her sick. So she added, "Wouldn't he get suspicious?"

"Not if he thinks you're spending time with your cousin and his best friend," Dex countered.

"She has a date with him tonight," Keefe said sourly.

Dex rolled his eyes. "Can you do the my-universe version of you a favor and break up with him, please? I can't stand him,"

"I couldn't do that to her," Sophie said softly. "If she actually likes him, that's her choice," It felt strange speaking about herself in the third person.

"Are you saying you don't like Fitzypoo?" Keefe perked up.

Sophie glanced from Keefe to Dex. Of course, I don't like Fitz! She thought I like YOU, Keefe!! But she would never say that out loud though. Keefe probably didn't feel the same way...   

Chapter Three! 

SOPHIE LIKES KEEFE!! (Sorry not sorry Fitzphie Shippers) HE FEELS THE SAME WAY SOPHIE!!!! OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!

Question: How would you deal with waking up in another dimension? (I would probably freak out, then calm down a little)

Love y'all