Bonus Chapter~ Dex

"Dex," an accented voice woke him from his sleep. "Dex, wake up," Fitz lightly shook him awake.

Dex rubbed his eyes. "What?" He whispered.

"I need to talk to you," Fitz whispered back.

"Can't it wait till morning?" Dex asked.

"No,"

Dex reluctantly got out of his warm sleeping bag and was dragged by Fitz into the cold hallway. "What do you want, Wonderboy?" He asked.

"You're a really good Technopath, right?" Wonderboy asked.

Really? That couldn't wait until morning!?!?!?

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you want to join the Neverseen? We'll need someone like you," Fitz asked.

Suddenly, Dex was wide awake. THE NEVERSEEN!?!? He wanted to scream. There was no way he'd ever join!!! Dex wanted to wake everyone up or hail the Council to lock Fitz up, but instead... he thought about it for a minute.

Maybe Sophie and Keefe could use a man on the inside! He could help them!

"Dex?" Fitz's voice broke his thoughts. "What do you say?"

Dex could tell by the face Fitz was making that he wasn't leaving the conversation without joining.

Dex shook Fitz's outstretched hand and said "Yes," as enthusiastically as he could.

That was it. Dex Dizznee was officially a rebellious criminal in an outlawed group. He went back into the room where everyone else was asleep as Fitz dug out his Imparter and hailed someone.

Dex crumpled down onto his sleeping bag and tried not to cry as he wished he could take back his answer. "What was that about?" Keefe whispered, rolling over to face him.

"Fitz asked me to join the Neverseen..." Dex whispered back.

Keefe's expression was unreadable. A mix between shock and worry. "And what did you tell him?" He asked.

Dex squeezed his eyes shut as he answered painfully "Yes," and rolled over before Keefe could see a tear slip down his cheek.

Dex wasn't sure if he was really doing the right thing.

He kept repeating to himself over and over This is for your friends. This is for your friends, as he drifted off into a restless sleep.

This is just an extra chapter about Dex and Keefe's conversation in the last chapter! :)

Did Dex make the right choice?

Love y'all