Chapter Nine~ Sophie

It was about ten o'clock at night and Sophie and Fitz were still outside underneath the stars at Everglen.

They had spent the night talking and laughing. Sophie was enjoying herself and she could tell Fitz was too. But it was getting late, and Sophie decided it was time to leave.

Fitz walked her to Everglen's leap master and they said their goodbyes.

"Tonight was fun," Sophie told him.

"I was hoping you would like it," he said. Then, he placed a kiss on Sophie's cheek and whispered "Until tomorrow, Sophie."

Sophie felt her cheeks burn. "Bye Fitz," she stammered and commanded "Havenfield!" into the leap master and glittered away.

When she arrived home, her face was still on fire.

Fitz had just kissed her!!!

Sophie didn't know what to do.

"Hey Soph," Jolie said as she entered the room, "Woah--what happened? You look in a state of shock."

"Fitz just kissed me," Sophie breathed. She felt like she could trust Jolie. They were sisters after all.

Jolie scoffed. "What else is new?" she asked playfully.

So this was a regular thing?!

Jolie saw right through her. "Why are you acting like you don't know what I'm talking about?" she asked.

"I'm not," Sophie lied.

"Yes you are," she retorted. "C'mon Sophie, you can tell me."

"Umm... I..." Sophie really wanted to tell her. But she couldn't. "No, uh, everything's all good."

"Okay," Jolie gave in. "Goodnight----but don't think that I'm dropping this." 

 "Night Jolie," she said and climbed up the stairs to her room.

"You know you didn't have to be so snippy earlier," Vertina said, crossing her arms when Sophie entered the mirror's view.

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked.

"You straight-up cut me off! I was joking!!! Sheesh! I didn't know you were so sensitive!" she said.

"What?" Sophie wondered. Were she and Vertina friends in this world? Should she tell Vertina what was going on? Sophie sighed. "Vertina, listen..." Then she proceeded to tell the small girl in the mirror where she was from and what was happening. It felt good to get off her chest.

"You should've told Jolie," Vertina said.

"Yes---you should have," Jolie said, entering the room.

"You were listening?" Sophie demanded.

"I'm your sister---it's my job," she smirked.

"Sorry..." Sophie said. She so desperately wanted to get everything off her chest and Jolie and Vertina were willing to listen...so...

"Wow." was all Jolie could say when Sophie finished her story. "So I'm dead?"

Sophie nodded sheepishly. "Yeah," she whispered. She left out the part where she discovered that Brant had been the one to kill her---she didn't want to damage their relationship.

"What are you gonna do?" asked Vertina.

"Keefe, Dex, and I'll figure something out," Sophie promised.

"Just let us know if you need any help," Jolie told her.

"Not that I can do much." Vertina laughed as she pointed around herself to the glass surrounding her.

"Thanks, guys," Sophie said.

She was grateful that they were so understanding. That night, she drifted off into a peaceful sleep. 

EWWWWW MORE FITZPHIE!!!! 

Don't worry! The group will figure it all out! 

Sorry, this chapter was kinda short! Only 553 words! 

Question: Would you've told Jolie what actually happened to her? (I wouldn't!!)

Oh! And I got two new followers today!! That made me smile so much! Thank you both for reading!!  

Love y'all!