Chapter Six~ Keefe

When Foster didn't answer his question, Keefe searched his memories of the night before.

In his memory, he was back at the Shores of Solace with Ro and Lord Cassius.

C'mon Hunkyhair! Ro said, crossing her arms. You really think I did something to your food?

Of course I do! Keefe said, clutching his stomach while at the same time trying to cradle his head which was pounding with a headache.

You've done nothing wrong! Why would I punish you then? She countered.

Keefe curled up on his messy bed and whispered I don't feel good,

Ro looked at him sympathetically. It's gonna be okay Hunkyhair. You'll feel better in the morning.

Keefe's mind breezed back to reality. Sophie and Dex didn't seem to notice his daydreaming. Instead, they were focused on Cassius, who was waltzing into the room with a tray of cinnacreme and mallowmelt.

Keefe sat up and happily took the mug and plate his father was handing him.

"Thanks," they all said.

"You're welcome," Cassius smiled, then swiftly left the room.

As the group sipped their snickerdoodle-flavored drinks, they discussed what they remembered. Which wasn't much. "Don't you find it strange that you and Sophie felt sick last night?" Dex wondered.

Keefe thought of that too. He nodded and asked, "Did you see me at all yesterday?" Dex nodded. "Was I acting weird?" Maybe the other universe Keefe wasn't feeling good either.

"Well," Dex started, "Yesterday we were at my house playing base quest with the triplets. Then we came inside and had custard bursts. But everything was normal. You weren't acting out of the ordinary."

They were stumped. Where do they go from here?

Keefe stood up and started to pace. "It's all a dead end!" he said, "Who else can we talk to without Forkle?"

Foster looked up at him. "Should we ask what your mom knows?"

"After she's been so nice to us? Of course not! We can't accuse her of anything!" he snapped, then was embarrassed that he just yelled at her. "Sorry," he mumbled, tearing his hands through his hair, making it stick up on all sides.

Sophie came to his side. "I know you're upset, Keefe," she said, placing a hand on his shoulder, "We'll find a way to get back home,"

The truth was, a part of Keefe would've rather stayed here. He had it all. Two loving parents, an awesome best friend, and Sophie---not that she would remember him after she went home. But the other half of him desperately wanted to go home. He needed to finish things with his mom and he needed to tell Sophie how he felt. He also missed his friends---Fitz especially. He missed Ro and her pranks. He even missed his dad's constant nagging.

"Yeah," he whispered. "You always find a way, Foster," 

Poor Keefe is so stressed. He can't decide if he wants to stay or leave! 

Do you find it strange that Keefe and Sophie felt sick at the same time? My Cinnamon Roll might be onto something there! 

I'm starting to run out of questions!!! I don't have one for this chapter! Sorry guys!

Love y'all