Chapter One~Sophie

Sophie woke with a start.

Someone was in her bedroom.

She sat up and stared into the grey-blue eyes that haunted her nightmares.

Brant's eyes.

All she could do was scream.

"Woah, Woah! Sophie! It's alright! It's just me!" Brant said, trying to calm her down.

Just him? Was he crazy? He's tried to kill her!

Sophie gave up on screaming when she realized he didn't hurt her---yet.

"Why are you here?!" Sophie demanded. "What's going on?!"

A puzzled look came upon Brant's face... but his face... all of his scars... were gone.

"Who are you?" Sophie whispered.

Brant's perfect face looked even more confused. "Your brother-in-law?" he said, though it sounded more like a question.

Brother-in-law? Sophie wondered, Does that mean...

"Where's Jolie?" Sophie asked.

"Downstairs," Brant said, running a hand through his jet-black hair. "Is everything okay kiddo?" he asked. Sophie tried not to flinch as he reached out to feel her forehead. "You don't have a fever, but maybe we should hail Elwin,"

Elwin.

At least someone around here was normal.

But Sophie couldn't bring herself to agree. Instead, she asked, "Do you remember the Neverseen?"

"Of course, we took them down a few months ago, remember?"

She was still the Moonlark. That was a good sign. "By 'we' you mean..."

"You, me, Jolie, Fitz, Biana, Tam, Linh, and Alvar," he finished for her.

Alvar?

Everything was messed up, but she couldn't accuse Brant of being in the Neverseen OR being dead. So she continued with, "What about Keefe and Dex?"

Brant's face twisted into a smirk. "Like Juline and Kesler would let Dex fight the Neverseen!" he laughed. Then his smile faded. "Who's Keefe?" he asked. Sophie was sure she was starting to annoy him with all of her questions.

"Never mind," she said and lept out of bed. "I must've been having a weird dream."

It wasn't a dream though. She could feel it.

She needed to find Keefe. He'd know what's going on.

But was she even friends with him in the world? Would he remember her?

Sophie followed Brant down the long staircase to the kitchen where Grady, Edaline, and a blonde woman were sitting. Sophie guessed that she was Jolie.

"Hey sis," Jolie said, "Where've you been?"

Sophie tried to wrap her mind around the fact that technically she and Jolie were adoptive sisters. But she never imagined meeting her like this.

It kinda felt like meeting a celebrity.

Who knew her...

After what was breakfast for Sophie and lunch for everyone else, Sophie went up to her room to get dressed.

"You didn't eat breakfast looking like that," Vertina snickered.

She clearly hadn't changed.

Sophie just rolled her eyes and stepped out of the view of the mirror.

She pulled on a plain tunic and leggings, brought Iggy over to her bed, and pulled out her Imparter. 

"Show me Keefe Sencen." 

End of chapter one!! How did you like it?

So far, I've pre-written eleven chapters. I'll try to post one a day. I have a pretty good plotline for the rest of the story too so don't worry!!

Thanks for reading!

Love y'all!