Zero's POV

written by Bearisnotonfire25

       As I stare out the balcony, I angle my head so the wind hits my face at the right spot. I realize then that I can see Kaname's window. A light blush already begins to coat my face.

       Damn...

       I can see him reading his giant book out of the corner of my eye. I can't help myself as I keep watching. He lightly flips his hair to the side and I see him glance up and out the window.

       I think I see him blush. No, he couldn't. Yuki isn't in the room. The thought of him liking- or loving- Yuki over me...

       Shut up Zero.

       Then as I watch him, flowers sprout out around his chair. What? His face then goes beet red. It's adorable.

       I look away quickly. It can't be adorable to me. He's not gay, he doesn't love me, and he never will.

       I stand in the edge of the balcony and jump, determined to just go to the barn and forget that  pureblood. As I land, a searing pain rushes up my leg and hits me like a punch. A cry of pain escapes my lips as I fall to the ground.

       Blood is coming from my knee as I grip my throbbing ankle. I think I sprained it, or broke it.

       Then he's there like a flash, picking me up. "Kaname..." I mutter, holding in the pain. He doesn't care so why's he here? He starts walking, holding me easily.

       Protectively.

       I realize after a while that I had my eyes closed as we're walking, and I open them. I see he's carried me I to the barn. My original destination.

       He lays me down in a stack of hay, and sees to my leg finally. Before I say anything, he rips his sleeve and removes the shoe on my hurt foot gently.

       He wraps the cloth around my ankle gently, then used the sleeve on his other arm to dab the blood on my knee. Before I can do anything, he leans down and gently kisses my knee, making a blush seep onto my cheeks.