Mr. Parker

Sin

"You're NEVER allowed back here, Parker!"

I look at her with a face of disgust. "You're a piece of shit."

"Leave Carter here! Let him think his big brother left him to strive by himself!"

"You can put that guilt on me all you want, psycho bitch, but Carter knows I would come RIGHT back for him as soon as he's eighteen."

"Sin..." Carter runs over. "Where are you going? What are you doing?"

"He doesn't love us, Carter. I'm so sorry. He's leaving us because he doesn't care about us anymore and wants to be gone. He said we ruin his life and wishes to never see us again."

I look up at her with a raised eyebrow. "That's bullshit and you know that! Why the FUCK would you tell him that? I've raised Carter! I was more of a parent to him than you ever were! You took us away from dad and that's something I would never forgive you for! GO! Go be a crackhead with Luca but I will be back for you buddy." I wipe the tear coming down Carter's cheek.

"GET OUT!"

**

Welcome home.

The peach state.

Last time I was here was like three years ago.

I throw my duffle bag on my bed and turn on the TV while I unpack all my shit.

This apartment is literally fucking awesome! Everything to myself and it's so quiet... I feel so fucking free.

It's over.

It's finally over.

"Tomorrow is the three year anniversary of the Tragedy on I-85. Stay tuned for the tragic story."

The news cuts to an ad.

I push my eyebrows together as I turn my head to the TV.

The Tragedy on I-85.

**

I need you ...

I can't. I'm sorry. You know where everything you need to help defend yourself is. You can do this. I believe in you buddy

I turn off my phone and stuff it in my pocket.

Been awhile.

I stare down at my harley davidson.

Dad gave this to me years ago before he was taken away from me. Obviously mom tried to trash it or do anything to make sure I didn't get it, but I fought so hard to have something of dads.

I'd do anything to see him again. For Carter to stay with him instead of the crackheads he's with now.

With my mind full of thoughts, I hop on my bike and speed through this town, letting myself be known by everyone around me.

It's peaceful.

Riding.

This all just feels like a brand new life. A restart. My childhood was taken away from me by Luca, but this is the most free I've felt since dad was in my life.

I just wish from the bottom of my heart that my little brother could be with me.

But he knows how to defend himself now. He's gonna make it.

I lean into a turn and reach the grocery store.

Oreos.

I park my bike and jog inside.

Oreos.

"He—" I accidentally bump into a girl. Once she gets back up, I look at her with anger in my eyes. "I'm s-sorry." she looks me in the eye. "I'm Nezza." she bats her eyes. "I haven't seen you around. Do you go to West Eagles High?"

I look at her, blankly before I shove past her and walk down the cookie aisle when I see a girl holding onto the shelves for balance as she walks.

"Shit." I hear her mutter under her breath as she loses her balance for a second.

"You good?" I raise an eyebrow.

She turns to me. "Yeah, sorry I didn't mean to bother."

"I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!"

"I'm gonna get you out of here."

Shaking my head, I grab her a random cart someone left in the aisle. "Take this to hold onto. Probably shouldn't come to a store drunk."

"I'm not drunk. My friends just left to grab something on the other side of the store."

"Leaving you?"

"I wouldn't have got there fast enough."

"And in your condition, not one stayed with you?"

"Are we playing the twenty questions game?"

"Do you wanna play the twenty questions game?"

She breaks out a silent laugh. "Well thank you."

I look down at her legs to see them struggling to stay still. "Rough sex?"

"Excuse me?"

"What's your name?" I cross my arms.

She looks at me in confusion. "What's your name?"

I shrug. "I ain't embarrassed to say it. I'm Sin." I end with a wink.

Her eyes widen and I see that fear in her eyes, giving me full power over this girl.

"Aisha." she replies.

"Well Aisha—"

"Aisha!" some stranger runs over, assuming she's her friend.

"Oh hi—"

"I have a blog called Blogging with Bails! Do you mind me asking for life update? I see you're walking now, that's a big step! Literally!"

"U—"

"Get the FUCK off her." I snap, throwing her phone on the ground, causing the crowd around us to gasp. "Are you fucking stupid?!"

"I'm sorry!" she runs off, crying.

I roll my eyes and see two girls running over to Aisha, looking at me then back at her.

"Come on!" they snatch her and drag her out of the view.

I look around at everyone. "WHAT'RE YOU ALL STARING AT? GO!"

They flinch and go about their day.

Aisha.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Hey! There's been a horrible accident on I-85! I only see one person moving right now but she's in horrible condition but I think the people in the car are dead—"

I gulp, stopping myself from reliving that moment.

There's many moments I don't wanna relive and they're all with Luca. I was only six fucking years old.

The one that isn't about them, it's the wreck on I-85.

I was glad to go back home to Ohio because seeing it all go down was something that gave me nightmares every night for a month.

On top of that, Luca.