His Laugh

Aisha

It's been four months and Sin and I have gotten so much closer. We hangout just about everyday. But as for Freya and Camilla? We've grown apart. Well, by that I mean that Freya and Camila have turned into party animals so they're always together getting into trouble.

"I love you too, buddy. Soon." I hear Sin talking on the phone from the other room. "Hey, I gotta go but I'll call you tonight, yeah?" a pause "goodb—" he stops mid sentence. "Okay." I push my eyebrows together, but release them once he walks in. "Hey."

I turn to him. "Hey. Everything okay?"

He sighs, stressfully running his fingers through his brown locks. "Yeah. My brother's just having a bad day."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. As soon as he can move down here with me, I'm calling the cops on my mom and her husband." he storms out of the room.

The cops?

What's going on with him?

****

"Got the last one!" I exclaim as the cow goes into the pen. "When should they be heading over?"

Sin gets off Benton to shut the gate. "Any moment now. We got them in just in time."

"Cool!" I smile, trying to break the tension. "So, wanna go get froyo?" I ask as he gets back on his horse.

"I'm on a diet right now. New challenge my gym is doing that I'm gonna participate in." he leads us to the barn.

I tug my lips to the side. "Are you feeling okay?"

He turns to me. "Yeah? I'm fine."

"You're just not being yourself. I don't mean to bug and bug, but I just want you to know I'm here for you if you ever need to vent." I reply.

He nods in response. "I know, fairy. Thank you."

"Of course." I return with a smile.

We ride into the barn and hop off, untacking before bringing the horses to the hose to hose them down.

With work like they did, they deserve to be hosed down. It's pretty warm out too since it is July and they took care of us so now we need to take care of them.

I wash over the back, accidentally hitting Sin.

He looks up at me. "Oh what the fuck?" he sprays me back.

"I didn't mean to! I was trying to get to the other side from this side!" I laugh, getting him right back.

"You're on!" he puts his thumb on the hole, creating more force for the water to come at me.

Gasping, I do the same.

We break out into pits of laughter to the point we turned the horses out and continued our water fight.

I run at him with my hose, slipping across the mud as a result. "Ah!"

Sin busts out laughing so hard that he can't control it. He drops the hose and leans over before helping me up. "You're not getting in my car like that!" he says, gasping for air.