A Side Of Him

Sin

"COME ON, BUD!" I kick Charlie, shooting off into a gallop towards the car seat which holds a toddler.

"HOLY SHIT!" Aisha comes galloping after me.

I jump off of Charlie and slide to the ground through the tall grass. "Hey hey!" I stress. "What are you doing here?!" I take the crying child out of her car seat, picking her up and holding her.

"Poor baby..." Aisha rubs her back. "Calm down, love. It's gonna be okay, we're gonna get you out of here."

My heart just pounds in anger.

Fear and anger, if I'm gonna be honest.

"Mommy, please!!"

"Your ass better stay there until I get back, GOT IT?! You DO NOT embarrass me like that in front of everyone! You think I'm kidding huh? Didn't think I'd actually leave you on the side of the road?" she spits. "I'll be back when I think you've learned your lesson and you BETTER be here."

"Calm down." I lower my tone, rocking her. She's gotta be about four years old. "What's your name?"

She wails in my arms, crying for her mom.

"Hey hey, it'll be okay! You gotta speak so we can help you." Aisha rubs her cheek. "I'm Aisha! And this is Sin!" she chirps then turns. "And this is Benton and Charlie! Would you like to ride one?" she creates a way to get the little girl to speak.

"Mhm." she struggles to catch her breath.

I sigh, rubbing her back. "What's your name?"

"Maisy." she responds.

Smiling at the fact she's calming down, I turn towards Benton. "Do you wanna ride with me on Benton?"

She excitedly nods, putting her hands out.

"I'll hold her so you can get on." Aisha says and I nod, handing her Maisy before I jump on Benton. She lifts Maisy up to me, so I sit her in the front of me, letting her hold the horn.

"Hold on tight! We're gonna get you out of here." I move my reins forward, indicating for my horse to walk on and Aisha ride next to us. "Who put you here? Do you know?"

"Mommy." she replies.

My heart drops.

"Don't go!!"

She smacks me across the face with force. "You will LISTEN TO ME!"

"I'm gonna get you help, okay?" I hold onto her carefully as memories from that day floods my head.

I was eight years old.

"Do you feel okay? Are you hurting?" Aisha asks the little girl.

She shakes her head.

I rub her arm and ride up to the driveway. Luckily we didn't get too far so it doesn't at all far to get back home. It was quick.

Once we get to the barn, we dismount. "Hey, could you untack for me, please?" I politely ask Aisha in which she nods, taking Benton with her as I hold Maisys hand.

"You got her?"

I nod.

I pull out my phone and dial 911. Once the dispatcher answers, I calm down and tell her everything that just happened. It caught her attention once a child was mentioned, which is fucked up.

She's a bitch anyways.

Cops and I don't get along too well.

Within minutes, many cop cars pull down the driveway, immediately getting out and demanding answers that I don't have.