Chapter 3

"Don't bring up sex this time, okay? Don't want you running out on me, again."

Harry blinked twice, a grin forming on his face. Louis had never walked up to him and started the conversation himself. Harry was definitely not going to point it out because that was a weird thing to know but he was pleased. That was the single good thing that had happened to him, that day. Other than that, he spent the day drunk and chiding himself over being a failure, the usual issues.

"Sex? I could go for some of that, right now... It's been kind of a while..." Harry mumbled with a dopey smile. Louis nodded and turned away for a moment, eyebrows knitted instantly when he looked back for a second to see Hazz trying to balance on the small bar stool.

It was the end of Liam's shift. Louis and Liam had decided that when the latter had early classes or tests, Lou would work through most of the night. He got more cash for that day, as well. It was an incredibly organised system, one that Louis didn't understand but he trusted Liam to be a slight control freak and know exactly how he was dividing the money. Louis frowned at Harry with his arms outstretched, feeling a prick of worry he couldn't shake. He swiftly gave up on making someone's drink, gesturing towards Harry which forced the customer to reluctantly nod and walk away. He had to take care of this idiot, first.

"Hey... Just out of curiosity, how much alcohol have you had, exactly?"

"Who cares? I wan' more. I want... Oh, gosh, your eyes are so pretty... And your face... And your hair! Louehhh you're so hot, come kiss me already-"

"Right. It's none of my business, of course. Tonight just feels different. You're saying sexual comments but with no hesitation or blushing at all-"

"Cos I'm a confident, confident whore, that's why." Harry grinned again and after a moment of deliberation within his head, Louis went for it and ducked under the counter to meet him on the other side. Harry was utterly wide-eyed. This was the first time that had ever happened, too. His eyes trailed down, a hum leaving his lips. Damn, God bless the possibly perverted man who invented skinny jeans. Harry quickly came down from the stool, not falling thanks to the grip the bartender had on him and scrutinised Louis' body with wide-eyed amazement.

"God... You actually have legs. And that means you've got a... A dick! Louis, come on, just bend me over the bar and go for it. Won't cry, 'm a good boy, promise."

Louis was too focused searching for clues. Harry purred when he touched his cheek, looking up at Louis with doe-like eyes as he bit the tip of the bartender's thumb. That was weirdly adorable and a bit amusing considering he was trying too hard to look seductive but Louis didn't have time to admire that face. He told him to open wide and inhaled the scent, gazing over his swaying movement and into his reddened eyes. He wasn't sure if that was from crying or alcohol, all he knew was that he needed to talk to Liam before he headed out.

"Li, hold on a sec? What the hell is up with Harry? How long's he been here? How much did he drink?"

"It doesn't matter-"

"Excuse me?!"

"You know... You wouldn't care if it was any other customer. But this is different, isn't it? It's Harry." Liam was smiling like he had won a prize but he hadn't answered any of his fucking questions. After some seconds, Liam's grin faded at the deadpan look and he stared guiltily at the floor. "He's the customer... He's always right."

"I know you, Liam. You have a limit you see people get to and stop. You're talking shit and I'm gonna guess it's to protect Mister Cowbell somehow. Now, I don't know how much you gave him but no more."

"Actually, you can't really stop. It's the boss' order that Harry always gets as much as he asks for, no matter how far gone he is. Like I said before... They have am arrangement. He pays more than enough for it." Liam's expression saddened. He rose his eyes finally, startled when he saw the fire slowly building up in Louis' eyes beneath his cool expression. "I-it's not Simon's fault, though. I mean... I know it's a bit much but there's... money being made. That's important, man, he has people to provide for and Harr helps with that."