Chapter 14

Louis hated laying in bed at the end of the day. He would be forced to listen to his own breathing and remember how very, very alive he was. But at Harry's place, things were... different. He didn't know how to put it. And it was strange because he knew what it was like to have a roommate. Maybe it was because the bed was bigger and softer, or because he didn't have to go to sleep alone.

Either way, there was just something about Harry Styles.

He scratched the back of his neck when Harry rushed around, grabbing a kettle and filling it with water. "What's that for?"

"You just got a tattoo, silly, what do you think it's for? After that pain, you deserve something soothing so I'm making us tea."

"Oh... Well, you don't have to go through so much trouble. I can take care of myself."

"Oh well, too bad!" He replied saucily. Louis wanted to be annoyed but then the scent of honey reached his nostrils and he couldn't find the heart to be, especially when Harry started humming to himself. He was pretty sure he was hearing the F.R.I.E.N.D.S theme song and smiled softly. Harry appeared some minutes later and placed the tray in front of Louis, looking him over.

"I know it's gonna be bandaged till tomorrow but I still wanna see-" Louis gripped his hand and Harry sighed. "I knew it. You're scared. Scared of showing me. Why?"

"I don't see why I have to show anybody."

"I just want to see-"

"Not important."

"Fine. Okay. How about this?" He sat next to Louis, hunched over slightly as he gazed into his eyes. Eye contact was always disgusting and uncomfortable for Lou. Irritating, really. But then again... There was something about Harry. "You show me your insecurity and I'll show you mine?"

Did he even care enough about knowing what Harry was insecure about to expose himself like this? Of course you do, his mind yelled back, this is Harry freaking Styles you idiot! Even his own brain turned against him when it came to this boy with the pretty hair. He didn't know how to get used to the special way Harry differed from all other people but it was there and he really had no choice but to suck it up and deal.

"...fine. Don't laugh at me. I shouldn't care and it's dumb, alright? But I do. I do and it's aggravating." Louis peeled his shirt off, poking his stomach quietly. "I fucking hate my pudge. I hate it."

"It's okay to care about some things, Louis. Not everything has to be... You know, insignificant and meaningless and stuff-"

"I know that," he snapped just as Harry reached out to graze his fingers over the banadage. Harry sighed, puzzled by his actions. He knew a lot of people had body image issues. He was one of those people, he just felt sad about how much the mere thought of their size or weight dragged so many people down. A lot could be blamed on it; the society, the media, parents, peers but all Harry knew was that everyone was beautiful. If he could put his arms around every single person and tell them they looked perfect just the way they were and deserved their own love most of all, he would. Maybe he could do that with Louis.

"May I?" Louis didn't know what he was going to do, he already felt embarrassed and self-conscious. He covered his face and nodded, more to himself than Harry, his eyes flickering shut when Harry lay his head on his laps, nuzzling gently against his abdomen. "Every time you take your shirt off, I'm gonna be thinking about how good you'd make it as a stripper. You don't know how hot you are."

"Dont tell me you're thinking of that day with that Eleanor girl, that was embarrassing as fuck! Bloody stop it, Styles!"

Harry flushed quietly in response, unable to reply. Finally, he could only shrug and say, "don't blame me, blame my brain."