Chapter 25

"Look, a lot of you are mad at Louis. Because of the news of his date with Eleanor. Thing is, though, it's not like we were ever together. Sure, we hung out a lot and there are blurred pics that look like we're kissing circulating everywhere but we just have a very affectionate bromance, nothing more. He is a true blessing in my life... And I do hope Eleanor is half as forgiving as my dear Taylor because this whole Larry Stylinson thing you guys talk about is quite... Something-"

"Tell them about the bloody iPhones- oww! Zayn!" Harry glanced up, unable to keep himself from staring a bit when he saw Louis laugh after getting nudged sharply by the man next to him. He was laughing, again. He was back to the Louis Harry knew and cared too deeply for, glowing like the sun but Harry knew he would forever be haunted by what he had learned about Louis. He couldn't keep Louis safe from his head just like Louis couldn't for him but he was damn well going to do anything he could to protect him from those demons. Like showering him with attention and affection, for example.

"Dammit, Lou- yes, he's here with me." His eyes snapped back to the screen. There was comment after comment about the way he had been staring at Louis that Harry didn't bother to acknowledge because he knew fully well he was whipped and whipped bad, he didn't need any stranger to let him know that.

"My entire group of friends are, not just him. And well, he's got this personal vendetta against iPhones, thinks they're the reason you guys have been able to create all these photos- what? Wait, sorry, what are you talking about? Sorry, haven't heard about tha-"

"Ooh, what's going on?" He ducked into the frame, next to Harry and gave a little wave, trying to see the comments while Harry was pushing him away with an annoyed but fond expression.

"Ni, go, don't show them your face!"

"Why? I don't mind being famous. The ladies will love the look- and maybe the non-ladies might, too? I don't discriminate." He wriggled his brows at the camera and Harry shut it, glaring at him.

"Dude, my family is full of homophobes, that was uncalled for!"

"Why are you getting mad at me? Your family is dumb, you told us all about how controlling they were so fuck em. I just wanted to know what you saw."

"Nothing. Just news about my sister being back in the UK. Back in London. It was probably just a rumour so I'd like to bloody forget about it. And now that that's over..." Harry smirked at Louis, leaping into his already open arms when he saw the feigned annoyance in his eyes merged with a slight smile. He wrapped his arms around Louis' neck and peppered his face with kisses, pulling back to admire his handiwork.

Louis was blushing slightly as he had expected, mainly because the others were there and he hated PDA. Niall threw a crumpled up empty bag of chips at Harry's head and told them to detach from each other for once, Louis covering his face after Harry reluctantly did so after one last, long kiss on the lips.

"He's certainly making up for lost time-"

"Oh, fuck you, Malik."

"Jesus christ, is that an actual blue checkmark?! Well damn, Styles-" Niall swiped the phone and Harry flinched, yelling out his name instantly. He had longer legs but no one could match Niall when he was excited. He hid away and locked the door. God, he was totally fucked. Niall had a big mouth, there was no way he would last ten seconds.

He could already hear his laughter and rolled his eyes, hoping he at least didn't post anything dumb. He came out a moments later, suddenly quiet and stretched the device over. Harry wondered why till he saw a picture of his sister, the only person in the world he truly considered family.

"I thought you said you were trying to forget about your sister so why are you looking at that?"

"We have pictures taken together, on here. I just can't work up the courage to know if it's true or not so I decided to go down memory lane for a bit, instead. Honestly, thoughts of my old life make me sad and hearing about Gemma for the first time in years... I just felt like I deserved to be sad about it for a bit. Picked the wrong day to be angsty, though, so thanks Ni."