Chapter 13

"Well... Anyway, ready, Louis?" Zayn turned to him and Louis turned to the lad beside him, wondering why he looked so nervous. They walked side by side to the room he was getting it which was just a curtain so that more self-conscious clients would be able to get their tattoos in peace. Once they got there, though, Louis spared another glance at Hazz.

"Harry?"

"It'll hurt a lot. You sure you're okay with flowers?"

"I said I was, didn't I? Look... Zayn, give us a bit. Need to calm this one down." Zayn glanced between them, remembering he had seen them literally make out. Who was he to deny them a little alone time? Harry smiled when Zayn left, turning to Louis who arched a brow. He took a seat on the chair there and Harry sighed softly, running his fingers over his chest.

"I cannot believe this doesn't turn you on."

"Sorry, can't help you there."

"'ts not fair." Louis could only smile. He wanted to tell Harry to leave, especially since he was being a little too touchy too close to home but he couldn't bring himself to say the words. Harry was just having too much fun and he just didn't see the need to stop him, not at that moment, anyway. To his surprise, Harry paused on his own. Louis opened his eyes just in time to see Harry dive for the hem of his shirt, jumping off the chair and backing away.

"What the hell, Harry?!"

"Nothing... I felt something. Under there."

"It's nothing. You didn't feel anything." Harry wouldn't stop staring at him. They both knew Louis wasn't the lying type. He slowly ran his hands over his covered abdomen, sighing when Harry took his hand the moment he flinched ever so slightly.

"You're hurt. You're hurt, Louis. Take off the shirt, let me help y-"

"No, Harry."

"But you need first aid. How bad is it? How long has it been? You better not have let yourself get infected, I won't find it funny-"

"Didn't. Calm down. Please calm down." But Harry couldn't calm down. He was too busy hanging in the a balance, on the verge of crying his eyes out from his worry and confusion, how could Louis tell him to calm down when he was clearly injured underneath that fabric? It was just a tattoo, his body came first.

"What are we doing in a tattoo shop? You can't get a tattoo, Lou, that'll make it worse, that'll-"

"I've waited. I'm pretty much healed and the tattoo will cover it all up. That's the plan. That's why we're here."

"It's... You... did it on purpose... Didn't you?" He swallowed when Harry looked up at him with those big green eyes, begging him to lie to his face. Louis couldn't get any words out so he sighed, huffing when Harry grabbed his wrists. "Lou...?"

"Don't freak out? It's really not a big deal and there's a perfectly okay explanation for it all. I am always numb. My life is meaningless. See? It's reasonable, makes all the sense in the world... Or it would if you were me, I suppose." Harry shook his head, holding his hands to his lips. He wanted it to be a joke so desperately but Louis had that dull look he usually bore. It told Harry there was nothing untrue about his little speech, not even the slightest fib.

"What? No... No meaningless. Y-you aren't allowed to say that ever again."

"Fine, then. I'll just think it."

"Alright, fine! Then I'll think it, too-"

"Don't you fucking dare. I mean it, Styles."

"Well, I'll need a good distraction, dontcha think?"