Chapter 20

The good thing about Louis' fortnight long stay in Harry's apartment was that he got to watch the boy heal up and return to his normal, constantly moving self. Harry was always quick to start explaining how Nurse Tommo gave him the kiss of life multiple times to help with his recuperation, just to see Louis get a bit flustered. The bad thing was that after a lovely stay, Louis could tell Harry's back was perfectly fine. In other words, he had to leave and both he and Harry were really shitty at hiding how attached they had grown during his time there.

Harry was currently putting up Louis' hair using some ribbon, the atmosphere ruined when Liam called and asked him what time to expect him. Louis looked over the half-completed masterpiece through his phone screen and chuckled, facepalming when he saw Harry's upset expression towering over him.

"Harr...? What is it, this time?"

"Don't go. You can't go."

"What's the reason, now? Another weather forecast of a hailstorm? Or is a zombie apocalypse on the horizon?"

"Don't talk sarcasm with me, you don't want to go as much as I want you to stay!" Louis shrugged and Harry nodded to himself. That proved his point. "See?!"

"Harry, we've talked about this. We've literally argued about this multiple times this week and I hate arguing wtth you. You know I can't stay here."

"Why not? We both like staying together. We can be roommates!"

"I'm not gonna move in with you, Harry."

"You moved in with Liam, what's different?"

"What's different is we make out so moving in would be less rooming buddies and more of a couple thing. We're close enough as it is, we can't step into that territory." What If I want to be more than just rooming buddies, dammit, Tomlinson?!

"Fine. Fine. Your birthday's coming up. Stay with me till then. And then Christmas, the day after that! We'll decorate the apartment, watch Christmas-y movies, make out some more, it's like perfect! It's really, really soon, Lou, would two more weeks here kill you?"

"I spend two more weeks here exposed to all this Harry and I might just have to buy you an engagement ring as a Christmas present." Was that supposed to be a threat? Because Harry was kind of imagining what a Styles-Tomlinson wedding would look like, but in his head, so Louis definitely didnt need to know that. "Styles? That's the part where you say eww, you'd be a shit husband because we are both friends, here."

"Nah. What flavour wedding cake do you want? Bet I could pump one out right now if I give it a try- Nialler could get a priest wedding licence thing and officiate, but only because you'd want Liam as your best man of course and I want Zaynie as mine and he would want to be involved somehow as well-" And then Harry remembered that he wasn't meant to be talking about the explosion going off in his head over this impromptu wedding idea so he shut up. Louis looked him over, rubbing his temples and Harry leaned against him, kissing the side of his face. "C'mon, we can totally hash out an entire wedding plan between today and tomorrow, let's make an all-nighter out of it!"

Louis gripped his collar and joined their lips for a second, pulling away when Harry let ot a content hum. He got up and rubbed his entire face, pacing about. "Stop it."

"...Stop what?"

"Being all... Harry! I'm trying to force myself to fuckin leave, here!"

"You'll have to pack, first."

"I did...?"

"Ah, ah, ah, guess who- as you know- tends to wake up at random or just stay up through the night because anxiety and saw your bags in the closet?" Louis narrowed his eyes at the boy who smiled much too innocently. They both glanced at the bedroom, making eye contact and then at nearly the same time, they lunged towards it. Harry got there first and tried to shut the door behind him but Louis put a foot in before he could, stabbing Harry's side with his middle finger so the boy jumped with an involuntary giggle, allowing him to force his way in more easily.