Chapter 12

Liam refused to tell Louis a thing when he asked about Zayn, thus Louis didn't tell him a thing about what was happening between him and Harry, either. Truth be told, he didn't have an answer to the question but it was good payback since his roommate refused to talk about his feelings. He did decide to let Harry know he was getting another tattoo though and to his surprise, Harry suggested he go to Zayn's tattoo parlor.

He wasn't quite sure. He didn't like the thought of getting tattooed by someone he might see again but Harry chipped in that he would get Zayn to give a discount, knowing how much Louis hated spending and suddenly, he wasn't quite as resistive. Besides, Liam was going to come with so maybe the gay-for-each-other idiots could sort out their issues.

"So... What kind of tattoo d'you want?"

"I dunno... Don't really care, I'll figure it out when we get there." Harry looked absolutely scandalised, glancing down at Louis' shirt. Ever since Louis told him where exactly he was getting it done, those green eyes had trailed down and flashed back to that day Louis showed his potential to become a stripper.

"But Lou, this will be on ya for like... Ever." He shrugged and Harry mocked him, sending him a pout.

"What is it? Alright, alright, calm yourself. Why don't you brainstorm ideas? Maybe I'll get hit on the head and decide on something you choose. How about that?" Harry gaped at him, busying himself for the rest of the car ride. That got Louis some relative peace other than the times Harry would interrupt the silence to suggest stuff. At a point, he had to give Harry a rule against foods because the boy spammed him with "watermelon", "kiwi" and "strawberry".

It was a real wonder what went on in that head, he thought with a smile. Now if he could just get Harry to not distract him in any way or try to touch his stomach, that would be good. That would be great and it sounded absolutely impossible because for fuck's sake, when was he going to stop looking at it? Made him feel more self-conscious than he already did.

"Could you quit staring, Harry? The only person who's gonna see under this shirt today is Zayn. And I'm not particularly happy about that, either."

"But I love it..."

"You barely saw it with Eleanor. She gets it, you were too far away to see the truth." Harry stared at him sadly and Louis turned away, shrugging once again. He wished he didn't care but the world had beauty standards and somehow, one of them had slipped through his nonchalant cracks.

"'N' what truth would that be...?"

"We're here. You're banned from looking at me the next five months." Harry stuck a tongue in his face in reply and they walked in once Liam slowed his car to a stop. Zayn's employee's cheered as Harry appeared and he bowed with genuine grace, getting an amused huff out of Louis.

"Li!" Harry mumbled, crashing into his friend's chest after he had parked and joined them inside. "You're not behind a bar- I always forget you guys have legs, what is up with that?"

"Not a clue," Liam said with a warm grin. Louis narrowed his eyes at his roommate once Harry glanced over an him, letting it go once he turned to say hi to others there. Even a customer got a full-fledged conversation with Harry about her annoying siblings and he looked enthralled all through. He was really in his element. Dammit, he was already distracted by the boy, yet he wasn't even paying attention to him anymore.

"You didn't have to come, ya know, Payno. It's just a tatt."

"Anytime you get a tattoo, I'll be there. Reminder that I love you and you are such a force in this world-" Louis scoffed. "C'mon, you've made impact, you don't even know. Look how much you've changed my life! You're my best friend, Lou- Or Harry's, too!"