Chapter 17

There were two things to know about Louis when it came to getting sick. First, Louis hardly got sick, mostly because he never went outside enough or interacted with people enough. Whenever Liam was sick, he made sure to stay away, not to protect Louis but rather, himself. That brings us to the second fact. When sick, Louis turned into, in Liam's words, 'a little bitch'.

He basically switched his general behaviour. Went from being unopen with his emotions, detached and to someone who spilled every thought that went through his head, added to a sharp increase in his clinginess. The only thing was he still swore just as much, probably more and this was always a trying time for Liam. The last time Louis was sick, he was so scared of the words that came out of his mouth that he would stay up to make sure he was getting enough rest. So when Harry came by the club, Liam was pacing about as he thought of what to do with all the text messages he was getting, running his hand through his dishevelled hair for the millionth time.

He didn't even notice Zayn walk in and lean over the bar, strange especially since Zayn had never done that. Finally, Zayn decided to pull him out of his thoughts with a sharp whistle, his smile vanishing when Liam rose his head, only to reveal all the stress he was going through with one desperate look alone. "Umm... Hi, Leeyum, you okay?"

"Me? No, yeah, just... I mean..." Harry stretched his hands out and put them on Liam's face, squeezing and staring him right in the eye.

"No you aren't. Even Zayn noticed so something is clearly going on, don't lie just to make us feel accommodated, silly. We're in a group chat together, One Direction. We care." Harry pouted and Liam sighed, nodding slowly. Zayn wanted to hold him close but Harry was pretty oblivious and Zayn wasn't ready for how much he would get excited at them, knowing it would probably overwhelm he himself so he was content keeping things on the downlow.

"Yeah," Zayn muttered in support, clearing his throat. Liam sent him a grateful little glance, smiling sweetly and Zayn quickly moved his gaze to the floor, ignoring his gay brain jumping around and chanting I'm so in love over and over.

Harry was about to ask what was wrong, deciding to focus on Liam before he moved on to asking where the heck Louis was but they all got simultaneous messages on their phones that told him all he needed to know. Louis had set up the phone so it was standing to video him, running across the room Naruto style with both arms stretched backwards as he zoomed. Eventually he stopped, laughing as he held his chest.

"I don't know why the fuck I did that... I've got a bloody headache now, room's spinning, bout to faint. RIP, Louis Tomlinson, I guess. Ooh, I'm laughing again. It's been popping up more these days, totally gross because I'll be laughing when lowkey I've had my mind flash to jumping off a fucking building every day since I was a kid!"

Louis sobered up for a moment, seeming to mull over his thoughts and Harry bit the skin in front of his nail, unconsciously rocking back and forth when the smile came back. "M'gonna go to bed. Li...! I know you're at work you fucker bastard cunt shitsicle man but like... I want food and we both know I don't bloody eat so come feed me while you've got the chance since I'm dying! Okay, love you, bye bye, I'll regret this later, I bet!"

"Harry...?"

"Why aren't you with him, Liam? He's sick-"

"I know... And I want to be. So bad. But just because he can take a sick day doesn't mean I get that luxury. He's already on thin ice with Simon, meaning I'm on thin ice with Simon. You know how the boss can be... Couldn't refuse. Couldn't. I'm really worried, trust me, I am but he's just-"

"Breathe, Liam, it's okay. I'll go stay with him." Liam's eyes widened and Harry nodded, impatiently holding his hand out. "Can I use your car? Zayn will bring you back on his motorcycle whenever you want, right, Zaynie?"