Chapter 7

Liam walked into the bar, exhausted from his last final but happy to be back with the crazy patrons and vibe-inducing music. What he didn't expect was Simon meeting his eyes and walking up to him, clapping a hand on his back. It's not that he didn't like the gesture, he just didn't understand what he had done to receive it, that was all. He couldn't help the smile on his face, though, tensing slightly when Simon held up a microphone and cleared his throat to get people's attention.

"BGT Bar, folks! Britain's Got?"

"Tequila!"

"Britain's Got?"

"Tequila!"

"Britain's Got...?!"

"Tetanus!!" Harry yelled above everyone else, hands cupped over his mouth to increase the volume. Some heads whipped to him, Simon's and Liam's included and he could only wink, clapping the loudest for the birthday boy and cheering his name before anyone else could.

"That's enough, Harry. Anyway, guess who's a year older, today? Your favourite bartender, Liam Payne!" The crowd cheered and Simon smirked at Louis, earning a bored scoff that put him off before he returned to smiling at the crowd. Ugh, did everything have to be a competition to the guy? It was literally exhausting putting up with his shit, Louis didn't even care enough to be shitty to him, it really just slipped out unconsciously but Simon made his disdain for him pretty strong. Well, he would leave soon, soon as Liam settled into things more.

"Good one." Harry curtsied in response and Louis shook his head, glancing around. There was a window with Eleanor's name, description and her blurred photo taken from a security camera on it. That couldn't have helped much keeping her out but it was unnecessarily kind of Harry to go through the trouble of forcing his wish upon Simon till he did as he was told.

They never did talk about that Eleanor incident but she was banned from the bar and Louis was curious about what power he could have possibly possessed to make everyone bow, even Simon of all people. "I never did thank you for the Eleanor thing. More cos I think a permanent ban might be a little extreme but... Ah, thanks for the little decorations for this party thing, too. The banner and balloons are all you, all I did was send some invites to some contacts. Feels like there's more but that's about all my brain can pull out at the moment."

"No need. It was my pleasure. And it makes me guilty to say this but particularly the first one. She was awful."

"Yeah, yeah, awful."

"Totally hated her, how dare she?!"

"Mhmm, dare."

"I mean, she body shamed this gorgeous bod, what a monster!"

"Yup. Body, monster."

"Lou...!" He whined, playfully shaking his shoulders. "Stop that!"

"Sorry, sorry, it's just... It happened weeks ago, bruv, I think you're just a little bit jealous that Eraser got herself an upclose and person show while you only got to get horny from the sidelines." Harry flushed, shaking his head. Louis would do well not to remind him because it was a struggle that day not to touch himself thinking about it.

"Fuck you and fuck off, Lou, Liam's coming! And why does he have so many college dude bro friends. Eww." He arched a brow and inched closer.

"Oh, Harry...? Do you remember...? The helmet... Boots... Tank top..." Hazz shut his eyes, practically melting when Louis slowly muttered "suspenders" then pulled away when Liam showed face, his expression totally blank like he hadn't just tried to break an innocent boy.

When Liam got off stage, he looked around with hope in his eyes for a moment, letting out a cough as if it could cover up for his scowering when a few of his college friends came up to him. Harry was oblivious but Louis had a feeling he knew exactly the guy being searched for. Honestly, he couldn't for the life of him understand where Zayn was, either. Even if he didn't know it was Liam's day, he always followed Harry into the club and watched people like a creepy ass hawk, especially Harry and of course, Liam discreetly. It was his way, Louis didn't judge him for that.