10

AILA

I look down at my phone, a strange expression in my face.

Was he serious?

And why would he call me to help him out? This man had left a terrible impression on me last time, and there was no chance of me going out of my way to help him.

"...uh, I don't think so. Sorry."

I'm about to hang up when he stops me.

"Maybe you don't understand, Miss Choi." He says, voice amused. "Are you free tomorrow? I want to show you what you're missing."

"What both you and Tae is going to miss."

I fall silent.

"You don't want to disappoint Taehyung, no?"

"Okay, fine." I say, scrunching my brows together. "What do you want from me? Is it something that'll benefit Taehyung?"

I can hear him rolling his eyes. "It'll get him even higher in the industry, and still he won't take me back when I'm asking him to. All because of that stubborn pride."

I just wanted the best for him.

My fingers tighten on the phone.

"Okay. I'll trust you one time. Where do I meet you tomorrow?"

_________________________________

"Bonjour, Miss Choi."

He blows me a kiss when I shuffle in the door, eyes flickering around in both caution and curiosity. This place looked like a photography studio— similar to where I'd taken the photoshoot.

"...hello."

"I don't want to waste too much of your time." He smiles, waving at the wall. It has a single chair, nothing else in front of a pitch black setting.

Then he shifts a camera off the table.

"Will you sit down? Pose any way you'd like, Miss Choi. And I will make it worthy of the cover of Vogue."

Vogue?

"Any pose?"

He nods softly. But when I sit down awkwardly on the chair, I don't know what to do with myself. What kind of pose was I supposed to do? Did he really mean it when he said he was okay with anything?

He makes a small cough in his throat.

"When I say anything, I mean anything. Just be comfortable."

"Or do you want a recommendation?"

I nod furiously, making him laugh as he pins up his hair into a dark ponytail.

"Then will you lean against the right side of the chair? Cross your legs, arch yourself forward, chin in your hand."

I shift around uncertainly.

But when I end up in the position he'd told me, he cocks his head sharply to the side and bends down behind the camera.

I hear a low murmur.

"Perfect."

There's a click, and a snap.