25

AILA

It's the night of the Eiffel Show.

And the nerves are killing me alive as I numbly stand there in the middle of the dressing room, blinking as I'm fitted into Taehyung's designs.

The first one I'd wear would be the chiffon dress, shaded a gorgeous dark scarlet.

What if I fell again?

That's the only question going through my mind as I walk out of the room, joining all the other models backstage. I could see the glowing Eiffel, the spotlights illuminating the night.

Soon I'd be walking.

And if I made another mistake. What would I even do if I made another mistake like last time?

Then there's a warm hand against the bare line of my shoulder.

I jerk around, to meet a tilted head and silky dark eyes.

"Taehyung?"

"Do not worry." He murmurs, his curled hair falling over his brows. Then a mischievous light glints in his expression as he looks back and forth, from the shadows.

"I'm not supposed to be here."

I laugh. "Yes, you aren't. How did you even get all the way back here?"

A smile plays on his lips. "I slipped in when a couple guards weren't looking. I thought that you might be here."

Listening to his low voice gradually slows my rapid heart.

"You're lucky you guessed right. There are so many models here and most of them were on the west side of backstage."

"Are you nervous?"

My eyes widen.

But there's only concern in his eyes, and I swallow once before nodding.

"A little."

"Why?"

"Because I messed up last time." I confess. "What if I mess up again? I can't do that again. I can't afford to."

"That is true."

I look up.

Taehyung's looking down on me, hand still warm against my shoulder. He's in a suit tonight, a stunning red one matching mine. And for a second I only focus on the way the black undershirt hugs the strong curve of his neck, dipping down on the smooth lines of his shoulders.

"You can't make a mistake tonight." He breathes. "There is always pressure, ma reine. The only question is if you can overcome it."

He bends down, taking my hand.

Then he brushes his lips across the back, leaving me all soft and warm when he straightens again.

A smile, on his mouth again.

"Focus on me. Imagine that I am the only one there, watching you." Taehyung whispers, before turning back.