19

AILA

I'm still thinking about who might be the he that Taehyung had been talking about when we get to his house. It's a two-story, modern house, and I'm gaping at the pristine, circular pool at the back when he laughs.

"Do you like what you see?"

"You have a pool?" I exclaim. I'd loved pools ever since I was a child, except I'd never gotten to swim after my father had passed away.

And this one had a view over the entire city of Paris.

Holy crap.

"You can use it if you'd like." He says, as I hop out of the car. "Jimin called me earlier to not to bring you back to his studio— apparently a few of those reporters were seen hanging around."

So that had been what Jimin was saying. I'd been in the car next to him when he'd answered that phone call, and he'd talked in such rapid French I couldn't even understand a single word.

And I was learning a few phrases of French lately.

"I will. Merci," I add in the end. Then I frown, not wanting to sound rude.

"You can come in too, if you want."

I don't notice the slight quirk of his lips.

"Me?"

"Yeah. I don't want to take up the entire pool."

I think I'm getting too excited. I earn an amused glance from him when I rush ahead, and realize that I don't even have the key when I arrive at the front door. He catches up to me right after, smiling as I flush.

"I didn't know you liked to swim so much."

"I just haven't gone since I was a kid." I start, body tensing a little when he gets a bit close tapping at the digital keypad.

I knew I'd kissed him. But it still made me feel jumpy when I could feel him this close, like I hadn't kissed him at all.

He clicks open the door.

And what I see inside is simply beautiful.

Just like he had a taste in clothes, he had taste in everything else, too. The interior is modern and elegant— wide windows overlooking the blue pool in the back.

Taehyung kicks off his shoes. "Make yourself comfortable, Miss Aila. You're stuck here until Jungkook calls to tell me that the modelhouse is safe to go back to."

I'd be happy to be stuck here all day.

His brows furrow. "I don't actually have anything you can wear when you're—"

Then his phone rings. And I wave my hands, shaking my head.

"I can just wear this, it's not a big deal. Go take the call, Taehyung."

He tilts his head, looking like he wants to help me. But he had to take the call— it looked important, with the way his expression had turned serious.

"You'll be fine by yourself?"

I nod rapidly. With a conflicted look, he turns to disappear into a room in the far right of the house. And now I'm alone in the living room, with that beautiful pool waiting for me.

I look down at my shirt.

This would be okay, but my pants...

They were a pair of dark jeans, long and coming down to my ankles.