33: Ending

AILA

Lights flashing.

Camera click everywhere around me as I stride down the catwalk, my heels clicking against the surface. My head is slightly tilted as I come to a pause in front of the crowd.

Hundreds of times, I must have done this.

But every time it feels like the first.

Shadowed lightly around the edges, my eyes sweep through the darkness before turning back. The moment I step down to backstage, the spotlights dim.

Models surround me, and I hear flurries of French.

"You did so well!"

"How I wish I could be a model like you."

"Are you coming to the Gala tonight?"

I nod, putting on a polite smile. Taehyung had mentioned it to me earlier today.

"Merci." I say as I wave my hand. This show had been a long one— when I look outside, it's already deep into the night.

"Au revoir."

With that, I turn around, making my way towards to where all the others were.

Now.

Where's my date?

_______________________________

My head turns back and forth, eyes flickering through the faces of all the people. There are so many that are here, but I can't find the one that I'm looking for.

Then someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Aila."

"Jungkook." I say, eyes slightly wide. He flashes me a smile.

"Are you looking for Taehyung?"

I nod.

"I knew it," Then he points towards the second floor of the huge chamber. "He's up there. He told me that he wanted to get away from the party— find somewhere quiet."

My eyes blink. "Does he want to be by himself?"

"No." He gives me an obvious look.

"He specifically told me to let you know that he's up there."

Oh.

The curves of my ears turn warm.

"Don't take it too far." Jungkook says warningly, making me jerk back and shoot him a glare. "You two don't have prot—"

"It's not going to be like that!"

I can hear him laughing still as I rush up the stairs, taking the steps two at a time. The ends of my dress brush against the carpet.

The second floor is nearly empty. Looking around, I find the nearest door and push it open. The balcony is beautiful outside— overlooking Paris at night, the Eiffel Tower glowing in the center.

There's a dark silhouette against the lights.

"Taehyung."

His dark curls are longer now— nearly as long as Jimin's. It frames the strong lines of his face, softening the edges.

He takes my hand, fingertips pressing on the palm.

He turns to me. And his eyes are deep pools of black, reflecting the city below.