Bonus: Milan 4

AILA

"You are— so reckless."

"I know," I hiccup, still crying as he passes me another towel. "I know, Jungkook. Don't remind me."

My phone was gone. Jungkook had brought my trembling, sobbing mess to his room, helped me dry off and clean up from the dive I'd taken in the pond.

He sighs softly. "Was it because of Taehyung?"

I nod, hushing my sobs.

"Y-Yeah. Because I know y-you don't have yours because you lost it back at the airport, and there's still more than four days until we get back to Korea, and—"

"Hey, hey." He says, as I bury my face into my hands. "I'll try and figure something out, okay? See if there's a way you and Taehyung can get in touch."

I keep nodding. But all I can think about is how he's going to worry— and I couldn't even tell him why I wouldn't be able to answer his calls.

My fingertips are wet with tears.

I was the one who'd assured him to call every night. That if anything went wrong, he'd be the first one I'd go to.

My fists clench tighter.

Now I wouldn't even be able to do that.

________________________________

TAEHYUNG

I brush my fingers across the cold screen of my phone. It's been more than three days since I'd last been able to talk to her. And I'd been growing more anxious, waiting for her call.

Because I understood how hectic the sessions may be. I'd promised myself to never call her first.

But for the past three days, every second had been full with the thought of Aila.

A quiet sigh ghosts through my lips as I lean back deeper into my chair. My eyes close.

The house is silent.

I breathe.

I had been trying to get used to the silence. Trying to get used to falling asleep, alone.

The deep shadows under my eyes are enough to say that I'd failed to do that.

"Aila, Aila," I whisper softly, hearing my voice echo back at me in the empty studio. My fingertips graze across the phone again.

"Où es tu, mon amour?"

My eyes turn to the dark skies. It's deep into night— nearly three in the morning. I had been stalling sleep, as best as I could. Because I didn't think I'd ever be calm enough with how restless I was.

I hated to lie awake, waiting for sleep that wouldn't ever come.

Finally, I break. Taking the phone into my hands, I open to her contact and call her. And the call rings into the darkness, my fingertips pale around the edge.

It leads to voicemail.

And suddenly my heart is in my throat.

I call Jungkook. Multiple times, until I realize he wasn't going to answer either. My blood runs colder than before.

Something is wrong.

I jerk up from my chair, entire body tense. And I stand there in the middle of the studio, frozen in realization.