21

AILA

Seokjin.

"Take her back to the modelhouse. Reporters would've mostly cleared up by now." Taehyung says to him, his expression tense. He'd been looking tense ever since the morning, forcing his smiles at me instead of his usual easy laughs.

Seokjin touches his shoulder.

"You sure you'll be okay?"

My eyes flicker up.

...okay? Was he going somewhere dangerous?

Taehyung purses his lips, pushing his hand off his shoulder. "I'll be fine. Just get Miss Aila somewhere where reporters won't reach her."

That's all he says before he leaves.

"Wait." I call to Seokjin when he starts to motion me into his car. "Wait. Where is he going? Do you know?"

He hesitates.

"...his père, mademoiselle. You won't have to—"

"What does that mean?"

Seokjin sighs. But then he finally pushes back his hair, looking at me with pressed lips.

"His father."

Father.

And all of a sudden, a chilling feeling flashes up the back of my spine. I didn't know a thing about Taehyung's father, but something felt wrong.

I grip his sleeve. "Can we go after him?"

His jaw tightens. "Miss, I don't think that trailing after him when he's meeting with his father is appropriate at all."

But I recognize it.

I recognize his tone. It's the tone that's begging me to convince him, to persuade him to go. To lift off some guilt from his conscience.

So I do what he really wants me to.

"Please." I whisper, tightening my fingers. "Please? We're just going to make sure he's fine. He didn't really seem fine when he left."

He flicks his eyes at me.

"Did you really think so?"

"Yeah." I say a bit more firmly. Impatience gets my feet tapping on the ground.

"Please."

There's a pause of silence. But then he slips into his car, his eyes glinting underneath dark locks.

"Alright. Come along, miss."

________________________________

TAEHYUNG

"You're growing bolder, defying me twice in a row."

"Twice, father?"

His eyes narrow sharply at the amusement under the flat tone of my voice. He crosses the room in my direction, anger already bright in his gaze.

"I told you to bring that model with you yesterday night." He hisses. "But you ignored me, hm? You're only here now, and without that girl as well."

My head tips to the side.

"Father. There is nothing you can do to ever make me bring Miss Choi within a hundred feet of you."

His voice falls low.

"And why is that?"

"She isn't someone that I'll let you get to." I say, brows furrowing. "And I suggest you keep your attention off of her as well. Unless you want me to publicly denounce you as my father and strip you of all my wealth. You could do it then."