32

AILA

I swing my head around, looking out the car windows. Buildings flash by, the city getting thicker and more crowded the deeper we go. It's just so different from Taehyung's quiet, serene place.

"Where are we going?"

"Jimin." He replies, his eyes fixed out in front of him. "He says that he needs you as soon as possible, to counter those photos."

"People need to realize that you're a model of V."

I nod. And I'm about to look back out the window when I feel warm fingers grasp mine.

I blink, my cheeks blushing a faint red.

He breathes. "Are you cold?"

"No," I shake my head, curious. "Why?"

"Your hands are." He murmurs, eyes narrowing. And I feel my blush deepening as he parks the car in front of Jimin's familiar studio, touching the back of my hand against his cheek.

When he lets me go, I can feel the disappointment through his expression.

I nearly laugh.

He'd literally see me again in an hour or two.

"So where will you be?" I ask, unclipping my seatbelt from my waist. "Here?"

"Not here," He replies. "But close. Call for me if you finish early— I'll come get you."

"Okay." I smile. "Au revoir."

"No,"

"Bise." He says, looking up at me expectantly. And at first I don't understand, tilting my head to the side.

What?

...oh.

I laugh. Then I bend down, pressing my lips against his in a quick kiss before pulling back.

He drives away.

And I end up standing there for a good minute, watching the dark car disappear down the road.

The way he'd licked his bottom lip when I'd broken the kiss. The way he'd tucked a loose lock of my hair over the curve of my ear, his breath sweet against my skin.

I breathe.

I'm completely flattered with this man.

_______________________________

Jimin sighs dreamily as he leans back on his chair, staring into the final shot that we'd taken.

"Brilliant." He whispers. "Absolutely stunning. Hey Jungkook— why can't you be more like this again?"

Jungkook's head snaps up from his phone. His dark eyes fix straight on Jimin, glittering with murder.

"...what?"

"Thank you, Miss Choi." Jimin says pleasantly, clearly ignoring him as he gives me a pretty smile. "You can go change out— that was beautiful."

"Park Jimin."

The last thing I see is Jungkook pushing off of the couch, his phone gripped so tightly in his fingers that his knuckles are pale. I close the door behind myself just after I see Jimin rapidly blinking.

There's a muffled slur of rough French, followed by a high-pitched mess of pleads.

I stifle a laugh.