28

AILA

There has to be a reason.

A reason why I was here now. I still had no idea how in the world this strange designer had any connection to either Taehyung or Taehyung's father.

My voice is rushed as I finally step off the platform, changed back into my clothes.

"Am I free to go?"

"Of course." The man says, and it feels like all the tension slowly seeps out of my body. "I appreciate you coming over today. I really do. You did a wonderful job."

And.

I had to make sure.

"The...deal." I murmur, pulling at my fingertips hesitantly. "Um— he will keep to his promise, won't he? About what he promised me?"

He smiles sweetly. "You needn't worry about that. You have done enough for your part, Miss Choi. He will keep his promise."

I start to nod, grabbing my jacket and throwing my scarf back over my neck. The uncertain feeling in the back of my mind slowly turns to relief as he points down a dimly lit hallway.

"The exit is down there. There is a ride waiting for you outside, Miss Choi. Again, thank you."

"You too." I say softly. "Thanks."

It's done.

And I turn on my feet. The hallway I walk through is a short one, but I find my eyes wandering over the hangings on the wall— all photos of models with his designs.

There are couple shoots. Solo shoots— of both men and women, looking beautiful and professional in dresses and suits.

Then my eyes catch on a familiar face. The most beautiful model out of them all.

And my mind shatters in red.

It was her.

The woman who had come to Taehyung's a few days earlier, the one who I'd spoken French to. The woman who would've married him, even if she had broken him to pieces before.

Rosalie.

My mind goes blank.

I just modeled for the designer of Rosalie Alaril.

I just...

My expression crumples. And I spin on my feet, rushing back up the way I'd come from. I don't even try to hide the panic on my face as I catch his attention again, gripping his wrist and pulling him back to face me.

He doesn't look surprised at all.

"You're the one." I whisper. "You're the designer she went to."

He smiles amusingly, tilting his head to the side. His silver earrings glint in a cold, steely gleam.

"I'm surprised you didn't realize sooner."

"What will you do with those pictures you took of me?" I breathe, my chest tightening. "Tell me what you'll do with them."

He laughs. "Well, I'll release them to the public, of course. Why in the world would I keep these gorgeous photos to myself, Miss Choi? The whole world should see them."

Dark tears starts to crowd the corners of my eyes.

It's my fault.

I messed up.