Bonus: Milan

An year later

AILA

Milan.

The city in Italy?

"It's an excellent opportunity." Jungkook says, glaring at Jimin when he yawns and leans back deeper into the plush couch. "Signore D'Ara is offering a masterclass for models worldwide."

Signore D'Ara.

He was someone I'd only heard from books. Every model who ever got into the industry knew about him— he had taught countless models and designers, who had all become globally famous and renowned.

Jungkook smiles in my direction.

"He specifically wants Miss Aila. He's even sent an invitation for her."

I gape as he draws out a cream-colored envelope, placing it in my hands.

No way.

"Are you serious?"

He nods, winking. "And it's also a lovely way to visit Milan before you perform for the Fashion Week. It's a beautiful city."

I turn to Taehyung in excitement. He's strangely stayed silent all this time, his fingers locked tightly together on his lap.

"Tae! Signore D'Ara asked for me!"

But the moment he gives me a forced, bittersweet smile, I know something's off.

"C'est charmant, Aila."

I blink when he sighs quietly.

"What's wrong?"

His dark eyes flicker. "Nothing. I am very happy for you. You are a fantastic model, and—"

"Tae."

He pauses when I leave the invitation on the table, shuffling in front of him. Then I crouch down, hand on his thigh.

"Tell me why."

He breathes shakily, turning his head slightly to the side.

"Mon Dieu. I'm going to die from watching this." Jimin suddenly exclaims, crossing his arms together. "Taehyung, I know you can't go with her. But it's only for a few days."

Oh.

Was that it?

My gaze warms as I turn back to my lover. His jaw is set tighter, his curls falling over his shadowed eyes.

Such a lovely man.

"I'll be back before you know it. I promise."

"It will be a week. Perhaps more."

I hush a smile at his tense words.

"I'll call you, every night." I whisper, fingertips grazing his cheek. I would've kissed him, if only Jungkook and Jimin weren't here.

His eyes meet mine.

"What if I go with you? To Milan?"

My lips purse. I'd love that, but I knew he was busy making designs for the upcoming show. He'd been pulling all-nighters for the past week, trying to satisfy his perfectionist personality.

The show was in less than a month.

And if he went with me, he'd lose more time than he could spare.

I shake my head.

"So I can see you collapse from sleep deprivation when we get back? Je vais bien, mon amour."