26

AILA

I don't need someone to tell me to know that's Taehyung's father.

I'm watching from a distance away, somewhere that both of them would never catch me. I can see half of Taehyung's face as he stops in front of his father.

And his expression.

It's an expression that he has never showed to me even once.

They talk for a brief second. It's too bad that they both speak in French— it was too hard to pick out even a few words between this crowd. But from the way that Taehyung slightly raises his voice, it isn't anything good.

So his father was the person causing him all his stress. He was the one who'd been bothering him all this time.

Breathing softly, I edge towards the two of them, hidden behind a group of laughing models.

Now I can hear, my brows furrowed in concentration.

I hear Taehyung's low French, accented sharply with anger.

"You are not....Miss Aila. When will you ever understand?"

My eyes widen.

That's my name. They were talking about me.

His father makes a nonchalant expression, a glass of dark red wine clutched in his hand. He's almost covered with all the branded clothing and accessories he's wearing, with dark hair just like Taehyung's.

Even if his voice is a bit more lower, I somehow hear everything that he says.

"Such a shame, then."

"You will marry the dear Miss Rosalie within two weeks."

________________________________

TAEHYUNG

"Don't bullshit with me." I whisper.

"Even if you make the announcement public, all I have to do is deny it to destroy your image. Is that what you're willing to sacrifice for this?"

I step closer, tilting my head.

"I'm not afraid to be labeled as someone who hates their own father. I'd rather be known that way— it's the truth."

"Oh, my son."

"Do you really think that this will only affect you if it goes public?" He smiles, eyes cold and gray. "Don't tell me you were really that foolish, hm?"

My face goes ashen as he holds up his hand.

"First, Miss Rosalie. All her hard work will become absolutely nothing. This society doesn't accept women who force themselves on men. Especially men like you, too known and too adored."

My jaw flexes. "She is a woman who cares too much about wealth and work. She'll never agree to this, not for the world."

"Agree?"

He barks out sharp laughter.

"Miss Rosalie is the one who offered to make the announcement herself."