22

JUNGKOOK

I can't believe him.

"Kim Taehyung." I hiss, gripping his shoulder and jerking him around. There's already two empty bottles on the table in front of him— far over his tolerance.

He just looks up at me with unsurprised eyes.

"How'd you find me."

"I guessed." I say, snatching a full bottle away from his hand. "This is the place you used to come and drink after Rosalie left you. Why are you doing this now? You hate alcohol."

My voice hardens.

"Do you know how hard Miss Choi's beating herself up over this? She thinks it's all her fault."

"What?"

"Tell her that it isn't."

"It's not that easy." I whisper. "What happened tonight? Why are you like this again?"

He hadn't touched a single glass of alcohol ever since he'd finally gotten out of his slump. And now it was worrying me that he had drunk two bottles without stopping.

He had Miss Choi. He couldn't do this to himself, did he not understand?

"My father wants me to bring her."

"Miss Choi?"

He nods, licking his lips. "But the moment I do that, I lose her. I lose her like I lost everything else to him, and I..."

His voice fades away. "Jungkook, I don't know what to do."

"Then don't. Don't take her."

His fingers curl around the neck of an empty bottle. "And marry the woman I hate the most in this world?"

"Rosalie?" The moment her name is mentioned, everything starts to fall in place. Nothing would ever affect Taehyung as much as that damn woman, the one who had discarded him so easily and now wanted him back.

"You met her today."

"My father invited her." He growls. "I won't give him Miss Aila. Even if I have to do what he wants."

Then he jerks his head up in my direction, as if he'd remembered something important.

"You said something about Aila."

"Yes, I said that she's blaming herself for this. Did you say something to her?" I whisper. And he buries his fingers in his dark locks, voice stunned.

"I—I can't remember."

"You idiot." I sigh. "Call her. Tell her that..."

He's already calling her, cheeks flushed red and eyes unfocused as he stares at the screen. The phone rings, and I can see him growing more unstable as he waits.

She doesn't answer.

And Taehyung bursts up from his seat.

"Where are you going?"

"My father has her already. He has her. I need to get to—"

He sways heavily to the side. I barely react in time to pull him back upright, my expression twisted with frustration.

"Taehyung, you're drunk. Miss Choi's not answering because she's probably asleep right now. You can't go to her like this."

"Kim Taehyung!"