22- only a kid

540 years ago

540 years ago...... -Tommy's pov-

Mummy and Daddy say there is something wrong with me, they called a man to come and see me, he is not a nice man, I don't like the man.

He doesn't let me play with toys and he says that I am different and that I need to be fixed. He took me away from mummy and daddy. He brought me to this house, it was very big and they said I would have my very own room.

I miss mummy and daddy, I have been here a year now, I even had daddy's favourite dinner tonight, potato mash and broccoli, I don't like the broccoli but I ate it all up because Miss Cherah said that if I didn't I would get punished.

Everyone says I'm different here, the children don't play, they are quiet and have to stay in their rooms, there is lots of banging around but I'm sure it's just people playing.

But I'm not totally alone, you see, I see people that other people can't, that's why they say I'm different, that I need to be fixed, one of my friends is benji, he doesn't live here he just likes to play and see me. Benji is my best friend, I like benji he is nice. My favourite woman here is Chloe. She is an older girl that hangs around here, she talks to the other people, she brings me toys.

I like Chloe.

But, I was naughty. They found out I had toys that Chloe brought me, and now I'm in trouble. We are not supposed to have toys, we are not supposed to have anything.

Miss Cherah knocked on my door, I put teddy under my bed, she looked down on me, she always wore her hair in a bun, it scares me a little bit. She scares me.

She took my hand, her hand was cold, I don't like the feeling, I saw Chloe, she waved at me, but Miss Cherah just pulled me along,
"Chloe!" My hand was yanked tighter and I heard running after us,
"Miss! Miss please he's only a kid please!" Chloe's voice was nice I like Chloe.

I didn't like bath time, the water was cold, they would push my head under and I wouldn't be able to breathe, but they let me out eventually, maybe this is how they do bath time here. I never liked bath time at home, I didn't like the water.

The water was warmer this time, and there was more people in the room, maybe they were having bath time to. But I don't see how we are all going to fit in the tub. Maybe we will take turns.

Miss Cherah folded my clothes nicely, my nightgown more to say, mummy always told me to fold my clothes before I get in the tub. Daddy would always play boats with me and I would be the shark. They didn't let us play here, Miss Cherah wouldn't play with the boats, and I wouldn't be the shark.

The water was getting hotter, almost to hot. But it was nice, it was warm. Miss Cherah stood behind the tub as normal, she placed her hands on my shoulders, I held my breath ready for my dunk under. I would always pretend I was a fish, and that I was in the ocean. It was fun, I was a big fish, I was a shark, the king of the ocean.

They wouldn't let me up. The water was heating up, maybe this was a new part of the game. I started to cry, mummy told me I should never cry and daddy says it wasn't manly to cry. But I couldn't help it, I couldn't breathe, she held me under, the water was getting hotter and hotter. She wouldn't let me up, I fought against her hands, pushing against them. Chloe. Help me.

4 years ago......

I like Amara. Amara is nice. She's like mummy, she looks after me, she lets me play with toys, but she's strange. She says she waiting for someone, someone coming here. She won't tell me anymore, she says I'm to young to understand.

She left me yesterday, says she went somewhere but she promised that she would be back for me. It's just me in this building, no one really likes me, they're all older, they don't like playing with toys.

I hear noises, banging and talking, just like before. There is a girl, holding something in her hand. But I know her, she doesn't see me, why doesn't she see me, I'm right here.

"Chloe!" I jump up and run over to her, she doesn't see me, she picks teddy up off the floor, she recognises it, I know she does. She has to. She gave me that teddy bear.

I play with her hair as she sits down, she has these metal poles in her hands, apparently I'm supposed to talk to her through them. She asks me my name, she doesn't remember me.

She wrote my name on the wall before my second life, I picked up the rods and pulled them to the writing on the wall, she looks confused, it's quite funny. I laughed as she ran her fingers over my name, this girl is silly.

"Tommy" she whispers, "is this you Tommy who is speaking to me" she does remember me! I knew she did. I like Chloe, Chloe is nice.

2 years ago....

I am going to miss Chloe. She says she's moving and can't come back. But I don't want her to go. Maybe I can go with her, maybe I can still be her friend.

She doesn't know I'm coming with her, but I have to, I have to protect her, she's my best friend.

I don't like Amara, Amara is mean, she wants to hurt Chloe. But I won't let her, she's gonna have to her through me first.

Amara doesn't speak to me anymore, she doesn't like that I protect Chloe, but Chloe is my friend and she lets me play with toys.

I also like Corey, I turn his music on at night and he always gets annoyed, it's nice being part of the prank war, I'm pretty sure I'm winning, I even moved Colby's phone and put it under the table so he couldn't find it.

I like Colby, Colby is nice, he's nice to Chloe. But they kiss when I'm in the room, it's gross. Mummy and daddy always used to kiss around me, they knew I found it gross. Chloe and Colby are like my new mummy and daddy. And Auggie is our dog. Auggie plays with me, I throw his ball for him and be chases it and brings it back.

Even though they can't see me they are still my friends and Chloe doesn't even mind that I moved here with her.

I like Chloe

Chloe is nice