EPILOGUE I

Note:

Thank you for reading so far!

I'm happy to finally add an epilogue to this story. Not gonna lie, I wanted to write it ever since the main story finished but I was just too drained at the time... especially since I wanted to add a section about Tine's feelings over Sarawat's death (I hope it's not a spoiler at this rate). Also, if you're satisfied with the end in ch 35 and want to keep your own ideas as to what had actually happened to trigger the time travel and all the other things that have been hinted at throughout the story, then I would actually advise you to skip the epilogue so that you can keep your own interpretation of the story alive.

With that said the first part of this chapter is pretty angsty since it takes place between ch 34 & 35. Be aware of mentions of death and usage of certain religious aspects (But hey, people are free to believe whatever they want. This is just a story written for pure  enjoyment and as such, there's no intention to make any claims about or poke fun of other religions or cultures.).

And on a generic note, the epilogue will be split in two parts and heads up in advance that it might come off as a little ambiguous and maybe even confusing since we're going to dive straight into the fantasy/supernatural part of it all. Not to mention that there are still things that can never be fully mended once broken. We gotta stick to rules, people! ⚖️

See you on the other side ❤️

Love, Yu

THE STRINGS OF FATE

THE STRINGS OF FATE.

A strange sound boomed throughout the thick darkness that the young man was submerged inside of, rolling through the roaring waves like thunder. Something excruciatingly painful pulled suddenly on his heartstrings, stopping him abruptly from falling deeper into the dark waters of eternal sleep and jolting him unapologetically to awareness. Something or someone was holding him back by the red thread connected to his heart, keeping him suspended in the air.

Hah?

Blinking his doe eyes perplexedly, Tine tried to look around, head swiveling sluggishly from side to side as he gazed dazedly out into the void. What was this place?

A dream?

A nightmare?

He was dead, was he not?

Everything was distorted and pitch black. The cold reality sloshed lethargically around him, trying to lull him back to sleep. And he almost did that, closing his exhausted eyes for the very last time, not even bothering to acknowledge this watered down existence when a faint trace of color made him glance down.

There really was a slender, red string attached to his chest. Huh. How odd. Tine's questioning gaze followed its line as it coiled and twisted its way across the distorted ripples of deep space and disappeared somewhere far, far away. Almost like a thin trail of blood – of life – seeping out of his bleeding heart, linking him to his other half through time and space. His soulmate.