CH 25

A BREATH OF FRESH AIR.

Sarawat's heart was beating violently inside of him, trashing around like a trapped bird inside a cage, hands feeling clammy. Type had stayed downstairs in the hospital cafeteria with a dissatisfied little frown on his face, arms crossed over his chest. Displeased or not, he still had to honor his promise and uphold his side of the deal to help Sarawat get signed in at the hospital to see Tine, now that he had been transported back to Thailand.

"Here, are you satisfied now?" Sarawat said coldly, reddish lips downturned as he handed Type a USB stick with the requested, damaging documents.

Type huffed, narrowing his sharp eyes at Sarawat's stoic expression, the younger man's jaw was sharp and dark brown hair swept nonchalantly back, his chin raised hauntingly. Type then took in Sarawat's whole appearance, almond shaped eyes travelling thoughtfully over the other one's tall body. Sarawat was wearing a loose t-shirt and a casual pair of slacks, Vans on his feet, everything in black and toned arms on display. So this was Tine's type? Type was actually surprised that his brother was into guys, usually all about them girls type of guy with a new petty girl hanging off of his arm every couple of months.

Pear had let it slip that Sarawat had been Tine's crush during freshmen year but he did not understand why Sarawat was so fixated on seeing Tine. He was not in any of Tine's social circles that Type knew about, besides being friends with Man. Except Pear, again, had followed up her explanation with muttering offhandedly that they probably started dating recently and Type's eyes had almost popped out of their sockets. What. The. Hell. How could that happen when Tine was in a coma? Type was undoubtedly feeling confused.

So many unexplainable things had started popping up around Tine recently, almost as if he was telling them that he did not want to go yet, that they should not to give up on him. Frankly, Type did not approve of his parents' decision to turn off Tine's life supply. They should fight for him instead of letting him go so easily when even Tine's own body was obviously clinging desperately to the remaining dregs of his precious life. Type's lips quivered slightly.

"Satisfied? Nothing can undo what's happened," Type replied steely to the inadequate question as he snagged the memory stick out of a tanned hand of the supposed boyfriend of his little brother.

Sarawat pursued his lips, eyes squinting slightly as he looked at Type. Now that he knew that Type was Tine's brother he could see some vague similarities in their features, however their personalities appeared to be completely opposite. Type was more on the cool, feisty side while Tine had been more bubbly and cheeky in his approach, although both seemed to flush pretty easily. Cute.

"I would appreciate it if you'd talk to me before doing anything with these documents," Sarawat said on a more serious note, all sneer and bark swept away as he earnestly looked at Type with his big, dark eyes. His empty hand slumped back to his side while the other one rubbed at his own nape agitatedly, biceps bulging slightly. "There's no excuse for what happened to Tine but you still have a choice of not ruining someone else's life."

Type cocked his head to one side, eyes narrowing into slits as the wheels inside his head turned, taking in and processing the information. Type was not out for blood here, he just wanted to do what was right by his brother.

"Okay, I'll consider that," he replied finally, feeling both conflicted and irritated that Sarawat had gotten under his skin with these few words. It was not like throwing Sarawat's family to the press and putting them under a criminal investigation would make him feel any better and it would certainly not bring Tine back, which was the only thing that actually mattered. Maybe getting to meet Sarawat like this was not all that bad, really, in the grand scheme of things. Huh. How sly of Sarawat to appeal to his emotions, bringing out the empathy card.