CH 13 💭

THE SWEET (?) KISS OF A LOVER (II).

A tanned, long fingered hand reached up, gripping the slippery surface of the faucet as Tine hauled himself upwards, standing up in front of the mirror. Head bowed as he cradled his temple with a wince. Shit. His head was splitting up in two. He exhaled shakily, almost wetly, trying to steady himself and get a hold of the confusing spinning inside his mind. Why was it so hard to stand up right? The gravity was mercilessly pulling him down, almost squashing him, making his legs turn to jelly. He had to hold on to something for dear life to not fall over.

Tine leaned heavily over the faucet, a golden skinned hand shakily gripping onto the white porcelain. What? His brows scrunched up in total confusion as his eyes trailed along the long fingers, getting stuck on the light pink half moons of the clean cut nails. Tine then lifted his hand, staring at it in wonder, turning the limb around and curling the fingers softly as the light filtered between them. What the hell? This was totally not how his hands looked like. These hands did however look familiar.

Cold dread zipped along his spine as realization dawned on him, dropping like a block of ice in his lower belly. Tine gulped, trying to prepare himself for the moment of truth, heart beating crazily inside his chest. Thumb. Thumb. Thumb. Shit. This should not be possible.

He raised his head agonizingly slowly, long neck unwinding, breaths stilled in trepidation. Dark brown hair fell into his eyes as he stared at the handsome young man in the mirror.

"Hah...?"

Large, dark eyes were owlishly staring back at him, shapely, wide lips parted in shock. Tine lifted a limp hand, fingers padding softly over the chiseled cheek. The tips of his fingers ghosted softly over the bow shaped lips, where a tiny white scar lay on the side. These were Sarawat's lips. This was Sarawat's face that Tine was touching as if it was his own. Was this a dream?

The heart in Tine's borrowed body thudded loudly, blood sloshing in his ears like an ocean in his veins. Tine's eyes prickled with bitter tears as he choked on a dry, nauseating sob, the wide lips jerking asymmetrically. This was real. He covered his mouth with the back of a tanned hand, seeing the handsome man in the mirror doing exactly the same thing. Anguish oozed from the inky, bottomless orbs, broadcasting Tine's trapped soul inside.

What had he done?! Why had he possessed Sarawat's body? How?

Tine had been feeling so angry and upset at the other man, wanting to teach him a lesson for lying and trying to keep things from him. He had only wanted to scare Sarawat and certainly not to possess him. But a strange, obscure feeling from somewhere deep down inside of his distorted soul had urged him to press in closer, deviously chanted whispers had insisted him to dive in deeper and Tine had easily succumbed.

He had been cold for so long, deprived of any human touch. He was desperate and he was lonely. Surely burrowing into Sarawat's body for a few seconds should not matter?

But he did not want to hurt Sarawat. Shit! What should Tine do now? How long would this last?

The door was suddenly ripped open to the restrooms and a bulky guy stumbled inside, making Tine jerk around as he was instantly brought out of his internal freak out. The guy staggered to a halt, eying Tine suspiciously, seeing Sarawat huddle in close to the sink with tear tracks on his cheeks and wide shoulders hunched. What the hell? What was Sarawat crying in here for like a weakling?

"Uh, should I leave?" The guy asked unsurely.

Tine shook his head wildly, sending fluffy brown hair flying around his face, eyes wide. He then darted out of there instead, hustling further down the hall like a spooked animal, heart stuck in his throat.