CH 35 ✨

THE LEAP OF FAITH.

It was dark and it was icy cold. Like a deep sea, the waves were jostling him around but never bringing him to any shore, only making the young man choke on icily smooth water and sink deeper to the murky bottom. A lost soul in the dark void of the universe, like a luminous jellyfish just drifting;

down,

down,

down.

Drifting until he was nothing but a tiny speck of light˚*·.

There was no notion of time in the space cavity that was cradling his soul. It could have been

days,

years or

centuries even.

It could have been day or night;

today or tomorrow,

or maybe even yesterday or

the day before that.

This could have been the beginning of a universe. Was he going to explode and become a swirling void of nothing – a blackhole? Or maybe he was a seed, a soul, soon to break out of the dark shell and strive for the bright, vast sky above, embarking on a new journey?

A soul...

A soul searching for its other half.

It takes the earth exactly 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09053 seconds to spin around its own axis and it takes exactly 365 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes and 16 seconds for the earth to revolve around the sun. It can take approximately 0.1 second to fall in love but not all soulmates could, or did. It can take up to a hundred of years for a soulmate to be born and even more thousands of years for the soulmates to exists on earth at the same time.

So what are the odds of them actually meeting?

A magnetic pull, a heartstring was what connected them together through space and time. They were bound to find each other again.

They had to.

They were predestined to do so. The universe wanted them to.

There was a nasty pull somewhere in his gut and Sarawat lurched forward. He opened his inky eyes, pupils contracting at the stark light and breath choking on the stale air. He coughed roughly, his throat aching as he hunched over in his chair, chest heaving. The scent of antiseptic instantly filled his senses and the young man blinked sluggishly down at the white floor between his feet, mind very hazy as if after a long, deep sleep. The phantom feeling of tides and waves was still strumming through him, making him all woozy as he gulped greedily on air.

Where the hell was he?

Sarawat blinked again owlishly. The soft, buzzing noises of medical equipment seemed to drown his mind with an overpowering white noise, fluttering over the back of his head and then throbbing painfully at his temples. With elbows perched on his sturdy thighs, he cradled his head, fingers claw like and twisting painfully into his own messy locks. His eyes prickled, lashes getting slightly damp from unshed tears. There was just so much pain. His insides were burning. There was a hellfire burning inside of him.