CH 18

>>PRESENT TIME

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM.

Tine stared pensively at Sarawat as he paced, well floated really, next to the bed. His slightly hazy form kept flickering in and out in the pale, silvery light of the full moon that filtered through the flimsy curtain. The other man was sleeping peacefully, completely unbothered by the paranormal activities, one cheek squished against the pillow as he rested on his belly while a long, tanned arm was thrown out over the side of the bed carelessly. The blanket was scrunched up around his lithe waist, leaving his strong back out in the open for Tine's doe eyes to rest upon. The upheave of Sarawat's shoulder blades and the curved V-shape of his back that was accentuated by his languid stretch made Tine's thoughts tie into knots around themselves more than once already. Making Tine flush at the racy thoughts that rushed through his mind. Sarawat posed such a tempting sight with so much naked, golden skin on display. Shit. How could he sleep so tranquilly when Tine was over there, sending him these pitiful, longing looks?

Tine could still not believe that this dude was finally reciprocating his feelings. Did Tine really need to die for this to happen? Would Sarawat otherwise not have noticed him at all? Something sorrowful lurched inside Tine's figurative heart.

With a sigh that propelled a tiny cloud of steam rise from his cold breath, Tine stopped his fidgeting and crouched down at the head of the bed, in level with Sarawat's face. He placed his pale hands on his own jeans clad knees as his round eyes curiously trailed over the other man's prominent features.

Sarawat was so beautiful with the dark hair messily spilled over the white pillowcase, a sliver of moonlight bathing his face in an eerie glow. His lax mouth was parted on soft breaths that fluttered over his curved lips and fanned warmly over Tine's porcelain face. It seemed that the only time that Sarawat did look serene, without a care in the world, was when he was asleep. His brows were evened out into two straight, thick lines, gracefully framing his face without the annoying pinch between them. No wall of arrogance separating him from Tine.

Tine itched to touch, to devour this man. An unsalable hunger gnawed suddenly at his insides as his eyes glinted sharply in the gloom, a flare of gold was there for just a moment and then gone the next.

The ghost raised a flimsy limb, ignited by the chanting whispers inside his head. One icy, blackened finger stroked along the sharp nose, proceeding to trace the bow shaped lips reverently. Tine yearned to do more. His memories were slowly tickling back after their body possession incident but Tine could no longer relate to the young, easygoing man in his memories. He had been so foolish. Now that he had received another chance, Tine just wanted to take and take and t A k E.

He wanted to taste Sarawat's lips, taste his skin and his flesh. He wanted to delve deeper into the essence of Sarawat, to find his fiery core and squeeze it in his ghastly hand.

Tine's fingertips stroked Sarawat's warm cheek and then trailed further up, fisting in the dark locks and tugging harshly, tilting Sarawat's head upwards, brandishing his long neck. Sarawat scrunched up his face sleepily at the painful pull, a faint whine leaving his parted lips while he was still lost in a dream. The ghost ducked his own head down and moved in closer, his rosy mouth hovering over those curved, sinful lips.

Something shimmering, a flow, twirling like a galaxy of stars passed between the limited space of their mouths as Tine inhaled sharply, snuffling against the sleeping man's lips. Immediately his lungs were filled with sparkling light, warming his cold heart and spreading rapidly along his body and out into the ends of his icy fingertips. It pulsated once through him, illuminating Tine's translucent skin like a strobe light and then blipped out of existence as suddenly as it came.