CH 5

THE LOST AND FOUND.

Sarawat opened his door and blinked confusedly at the small crowd of people standing outside in the hall.

"Surprise," Boss proclaimed while throwing his long arms out and flickering his bejeweled fingers in a lazy imitation of jazz hands. Sarawat arched his brows while stoically staring at his friends and then turned his hooded gaze to the young woman standing between the two guys. She smiled widely, flashing her straight teeth, eyes turning into half moons from the force of her squeezed smile.

"And this... is?" Sarawat asked Boss, tilting his head towards his friend but not taking his eyes off of the peculiar girl.

She was wearing a rather revealing outfit for being on campus grounds at an all male dormitory. An off the shoulder tube top softly accentuated her full breasts and a pair of skimpy, white jeans shorts grazed her willowy legs, sleek high heels on her feet while her almond shaped eyes were dusted with sparkly eyeshadow. She fluttered her eyes innocently at Sarawat, the heavy, fake eyelashes almost touching her cheeks, when noticing his gaze tracing over the length of her exposed, creamy skin.

"Oh! This is Natty," Boss explained excitedly. "She's a medium."

A wry smirk tugged at Sarawat's lips. A medium, really now?

The woman nodded vigorously, her long hair flopping around with the silly smile plastered on her face. The big, bedazzled hoop earrings dangled from her ears. She reminded Sarawat of one of those dolls with bobbing heads that were usually put on the dashboard of a car, obnoxiously glitzy and kitschy.

Sarawat scratched at his neck with one deft finger, turning his head to the side, wide mouth a little ajar while processing all of this, both visually and comprehensively. Was this charade really necessary? His gaze darted to Man and Sarawat motioned with a jerk of his head at the bubble of idiocy that Boss and Natty seemed to be inside of, inquiring silently why Man, who was usually rather rational, was in on this too. Man just shrugged his shoulders lazily, looping his thumbs through the thin straps at the waist of his trousers and rocked backwards on the heels of his Vans, amusement dancing in his eyes.

Boss was a slippery little bastard when he got obsessed with something, no one could really stop him then and Man did not want to attempt that right now either.

"Let's go, let's go," Boss singsang while clamping his big hands on Natty's thin shoulders and pushed her inside Sarawat's room, roughly nudging Sarawat out of their way when they hustled through the door.

Man slowly followed suit, reaching out a hand to nudge Sarawat's hanging chin closed, clamping his mouth shut and then patted his friend's cheek sassily. Sarawat slapped Man's hand away petulantly, the bow of his lips twisted. These people, really.

"Hmmm," Natty made a slightly pitched noise in her throat and looked around the room curiously, eyelashes flapping and lips in a pout, a manicured index finger tapping at her chin speculatively while she spun around the limited space. She then squeezed her eyes shut, turning her head this and that way with her sharp nose up in the air, as if she was trying to sniff out the ghost.

Man stifled a laugh and was glared at by Boss, who was taking this whole thing one hundred percent seriously. Natty just seemed a little nutty but his mother had sworn that she was one hindered percent legit.

"Well?" Boss asked her excitedly from his perch against Sarawat's study desk, not able to contain himself, his fists opening and closing at his sides.

Sarawat just crossed his arms over the front of his sweatshirt, silently observing her antics. It would be really impressive if she could actually tell them something about the ghost but honestly, he was not expecting much. Even though Sarawat had somehow managed to see the unreal take shape in front of his own eyes, he was still skeptical of anyone else claiming to be able to do the same thing. He was not even sure if he was totally sane himself. Maybe he should talk to a shrink for good measure, just in case he was going crazy over here.