CH 19

THE HUNDRED WAYS TO LOVE SOMEONE.

Sarawat tried to shake off the uncomfortable feeling of being watched. Every time his gaze veered into the direction of Man's boyfriend sitting across the table, the guy instantly looked away, not even bothering to cover up that he had been staring at Sarawat with those piercing, almond shaped eyes. What the hell was going on? This only prompted Sarawat to raise his chin hauntingly, peering darkly at the other from under his lashes, which seemed to rile the other guy up as he huffed, his slightly protruding ears flushing with anger.

Everything had started out just fine. The guys had met at one of their usual hangouts, a bar in the student city, twinkling fairy lights hanging low from a net in the ceiling and fake palms and bamboo trees lining the walls. Man had introduced his boyfriend as a Type Aekaranwong and a round of greetings followed. Then Boss and Man had scurried off to the bar to order drinks and snacks, leaving Sarawat and Type alone. He had casually asked for Sarawat's full name, which had seemed a little odd but Sarawat did not think too much of it. Except once his last name had left his lips Type had suddenly clamped up for the rest of the night, altering between glaring and casting pensive looks at Sarawat while Man and Boss tried to squeeze the frickin' juice out of the conversational topics.

Sarawat was getting riled up by the arrogant behavior of Man's boyfriend. They had totally expected someone cute and mushy with the way Man had spoken about him, instead this dude had been nothing but cold and even somewhat condescending. Something was either going on here or Man had gone fucking blind from love, not being able to perceive the guy's true colors through his pink tinted glasses.

"Is your boyfriend always this cold?" Boss asked brazenly, leaning over the table so that he would not have to yell over the live music, while the aforementioned boyfriend had steered off to the restrooms. Man sighed, fingers trailing aimlessly over the neck of his beer bottle as a furrow marred his face.

"I think he's still a little jetlagged from the flight," he replied uncertainly, looking up at his friends.

"A little?" Boss parroted and looked wide eyed at Sarawat, trying to get some sort support from the stoic man on this pressing issue. Sarawat just blinked blankly at him, eyes dark in the dim light. Why should it concern him if Man's boyfriend was in a pissy mood? What concerned him more was why the guy was giving him all these dirty looks. Boss seemed to read his mind as he added, "Shit, Wat, did you see his dick in the restrooms or something? Why's he glaring at you so much?"

"Hell if I know," Sarawat huffed with a shrug, taking a swig of his cold beverage to cool himself down. "Maybe it was the umbrella drink that got his panties in a twist," he said with a smirk, eyes glinting amusedly and Man paled.

"I thought it was cute! Do you think he was offended by that?" He asked in all seriousness, eyes filled with silly concern and Sarawat snickered unkindly behind his opaque glass. Upon seeing his friend obviously making fun of him, Man threw the bright pink umbrella from the mentioned drink at Sarawat's head, splashing drops of the sugary beverage all over the table. "Saraleo," he muttered at the still present smirk that was curling at the ends of Sarawat's lips.

Meanwhile, Boss grinned and picked up the kitschy ornament, putting it behind Sarawat's ear with a tiny tada! motion, only to be rewarded with an insufferable glare from his friend.

"What? It looks good on you," he supplied teasingly. Sarawat looked like a grumpy cat with that thing in his hair, arms crossed over his broad chest. Boss had to take a picture of that, his hand already in the pocket of his slacks, trying to pull out his cell phone for a snap shot.

"Behave you morons, Type's on his way back," Man hissed with a sharp flick of his blunt index finger against Boss' forehead to make him sit back properly in his chair. Sarawat just rolled his eyes, taking the paper umbrella out of his hair and twirling it aimlessly in his tanned hand. Boss was the only moron present.