CH 8

THE SOCIAL MEDIA ARCHIVES.

His full name was Tine Teepakorn and he was 20 years old, a second year at the faculty of law. Oh. Sarawat was impressed, humming admiringly in his throat at this discovery. It required some brains to get into the law section at their university. For some reason it made him pleased that Tine was not just some average dude.

Sarawat parted his wide lips in anticipation as he continued scrolling through Fong's feed on Facebook. It stunned Sarawat how Tine was either laughing with abandon, eyes crinkled at the corners or just smiling devastatingly bright straight into the camera in every one of the pictures. He felt a little dizzy, getting a whiplash while trying to assimilate Tine in these pictures with Tine that he had first laid his eyes upon, all bloody like a road kill. It felt so surreal, looking at the two sides of the same coin.

It seemed that he had also been an avid participant of several university clubs, amongst them cheerleading and music. Sarawat arched his stark brows, making them disappear under his fringe.

Tine had been in the music club too?

Sarawat's long lashes fluttered restlessly, casting shadows against his sharp cheeks, while trying to comprehend this fact, looking to connect the missing pieces.

Tine must have been in the newbie group last year since he obviously could play the basic melodies that the beginners were usually taught in the music club. Sarawat had however, since the start of freshman year, advanced straight away to one of the few bands in the club that got sponsored by the school. They usually had different schedules for practice sessions and meet ups than the noobs, no wonder Sarawat and Tine had never actually met face to face.

Huh. So they had actually been this close all this time? The irony tasted a little bittersweet on Sarawat's tongue.

But wait, wait, wait.

Did that mean that Tine could actually remember certain things from his life, seeing as he could still recall how to play the guitar? Interesting. Tine probably did not even realize this himself, too focused on the bigger picture to notice these small details. A little smile curled on Sarawat's lips. And besides, he seemed a little dense if Sarawat was to be completely honest, even though he was supposed to be studying at the law faculty.

Sarawat had searched for Tine's own Facebook account too but it must have been deleted since there was no trace of it. But the amounts of posts that Tine's friends had been sharing over the years were more than enough to get some essential information about the ghost that he was rooming with. Yet it had been rather hard to wheedle any sort of more telling details about Tine directly from his friends and it would certainly be tricky to get more information on Tine's passing. While the trio of guys had been friendly enough when he had talked to them during lunch, there had been a particular air of hostility present that Sarawat could not shake off.

"Hey, why did you want to create a Facebook account? Are you gonna stalk Pam?" Boss speculated but also ventured a little since he was tired of the gloomy silence at their study table. The guys were currently sitting in a study nook at the library under the pretense of studying. While in fact, both Man and Sarawat were fully immersed in their phones, leaving Boss out like a sitting duck since he had only tagged along for socializing purposes and not studying, thank you very much. "If you ask us to help you with Instagram next, then we should check if you're possessed or something."

Sarawat looked up sharply at this, recognizing a perfect opportunity when he saw one. A Cheshire grin slowly made its way across his face, a type of smirk that irked Boss since his stoic friend usually never acted this eager.

"Please do, create an account for me." Sarawat gave his consent by quirking his chin up in a jerky nod, sending his fluffy hair flopping backwards and slipping away from his forehead to reveal a pair of large, dark eyes.